Golden spectro 2-stroke oil. ??

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

jason what are you running again... i dont feel like looking and what oil do you use? and do you have a kdx200 or kdx220? thanks
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

This is just a joke, so bare with me... :prayer:

I am just running my mouth. :mrgreen: I have a 1987 KDX200, a 1994 KDX200 and a 1991 KDX250. Right now, the 200's are stripped down to the frame. The KDX250 is on its way.

My friend wsjkawasaki has been fooling with his 1997 KDX220R jetting lately. He has an OEM carb, FMF rev pipe and FMF Q spark arrestor. He had got it pretty close, so you may want to ask him about it. It may be a better bike for you to compare to or gget information from.

I was running Kawasaki oil at 32:1 back when I had a running bike.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i can relate, my whole bike is completly down to the frame, actually i did it just a few days ago. Do you know how much it would cost to have my frame repainted. ANd do you know were i can get good bearing kits for a cheap pirce cause the fiest 2 owners did not grease the swingarm or rear shock bearings and they dont work very well.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

:blink:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

On painting, you may want to call around to some local auto body repair shops and ask. I am just going to use PJ1 paint. You can check it out at http://www.pj1.com. Dennis Kirk has the primer, paint and clear coat. Rocky Mountain is cheaper on the primer and lime green paint, but of course, they don't carry the clear coat. :rolleyes:

I touched up my 1994 frame back in 2002. I didn't totally repaint it.

On the bearings, I am going to buy PivotWorks brand. You can check them out at http://www.pivotworks.com. I'd rather have OEM, but the OEM bearings are more expensive by a good bit when you have to get all the linkage bearings and seals, shock lower bearing and seals, swingarm bearings and seals, etc. My new (to me) KDX250 is in RRRough shape, so I am assuming that I will need new bearings and will get PivotWorks.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Moose has bearings as well. The Moose linkage kit comes with the shock bearing. Pivotworks kit does not. You have to buy the linkage kit & Shock kit. :? The OEM linkage bearings in mine only lasted 2 seasons even with regular tearing down/cleaning and regreasing. Amazing as it is, the lower shock bearing held up well.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Quailchaser, have you used the Moose bearings? I have a set of the wheel bearings, but when I saw that they were made by All Balls, I was pretty disappointed. I am wondering how they hold up.

As far as cost and the PivotWorks kit, I would just skip the shock bearing and bushing kit and get the OEM bearing, sleeve and two seals for that one bearing location.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

I've had the Moose rear wheel bearings in for about 1 season now. No problems so far. The OEM bearing only lasted one season. As I said before, my OEM linkage bearings only held up for 2 seasons (actually, it was only one set...the rest were servicable). I've had the Moose bearings in for about 1 month. Not really enough time to give an evaul. However, we normally use the Moose bearings on work we do. Haven't had any issues yet.

Moose has "someone else" make almost everything (if not everything) they put their name on. They tend to get quality stuff made for them. We've had issues with some Moose stuff...then again...we've had issues with some stuff from just about every Aftermarket and OEM manufacturer. I think everything is actually secretly made by one giant conglomerate sweat shop somewhere in the Orient. :shock: Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone. :wink:
I have a 1987 KDX200, a 1994 KDX200 and a 1991 KDX250. Right now, the 200's are stripped down to the frame. The KDX250 is on its way.
By the way, this is the exact reason my wife is dead set against me getting a second bike! :roll:
Last edited by quailchaser on 02:26 am Sep 30 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for letting me know. When I saw the "Made in China" logo, I was disappointed.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
kdx220freak wrote:so your saying i need to have 52 parts oil and 1 part gas??? dang thats alot of oil. hmm, i think i need a four stroke.
Thats 52 parts GAS, to 1 part OIL
Thats LESS oil. MORE Gas
No four stroke yet
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Jason wrote:Quailchaser, have you used the Moose bearings? I have a set of the wheel bearings, but when I saw that they were made by All Balls, I was pretty disappointed. I am wondering how they hold up.

As far as cost and the PivotWorks kit, I would just skip the shock bearing and bushing kit and get the OEM bearing, sleeve and two seals for that one bearing location.
The Moose bearings are made by All Balls. I've got a combination of Moose/All Balls and Pivotworks bearings on my 89. All of them have held
up fine. Just make sure to keep them greased.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E