jet block gasket...

Got questions? We got answers....
argclh6670
Supporting Member

jet block gasket...

Post by argclh6670 »

Hey guys, is there anyway to test the gasket/oring assembly? Ive replaced it already but i cant figure why my kids bike just runs filthy rich. thinking there may still be a issue with it.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

jet block gasket...

Post by rbates9 »

What is your jetting? Are you loosing any transmission oil? Are you thinking it is rich due to spooge and smoke or the way the bike runs?
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Re: jet block gasket...

Post by argclh6670 »

current jetting is:
152 mj
38pj
stock needle, top position
as 1.5
32:1 full syn 92 octane fresh.

i did a complete rebuild on this thing a couple months ago. never ran the bike when i got it, figured it was old and just planed to pull it down and split and rebuild.
No, not losing trans oil.
Because the way it runs.
since, ive been trying to jet this prob away to NO avail! it smokes quite abit on the trail so much when following i'll have a residue on my front number plate. And, the amount of spooge is crazy! not too bad out the pipe but silencer pipe joint drips a ton on swing arm (ALOT). fuel mileage seems bad too in comparison to my kdx250 and rmx250. Never fouls plugs. frustrated :?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

jet block gasket...

Post by rbates9 »

Not to start the ratio debate, but, have you thought about changing oil and ratio? I also found with mine that using marine stabil in every tank greatly reduced the amount of spooge and the bike seemed to run better. All I can get around here is gas with 10% E.

Is this a 200 or a 220?
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

Are the reeds new or at least in good shape?

I've never seen a bike running that rich to leave residue on the rider behind him. Maybe the bike had the James Bond oil slick mod done to it?
argclh6670
Supporting Member

jet block gasket...

Post by argclh6670 »

rbates9 wrote:Not to start the ratio debate, but, have you thought about changing oil and ratio? I also found with mine that using marine stabil in every tank greatly reduced the amount of spooge and the bike seemed to run better. All I can get around here is gas with 10% E.

Is this a 200 or a 220?
Yeah, ive thought about it. ive been running redline full syn @ 32:1 for a few years on all my 2t bikes with great results.

i suppose it wouldnt hurt to give it a try. maybe 40:1 or 44:1.

Its a 95 200
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

Tedh98 wrote:Are the reeds new or at least in good shape?

I've never seen a bike running that rich to leave residue on the rider behind him. Maybe the bike had the James Bond oil slick mod done to it?

Bond, "James Bond" lol! its a crazy amount of spooge.
Yeah, reeds are brand new 2 rides on them.
I'll see about posting a pic so ya'll can see.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

jet block gasket...

Post by argclh6670 »

http://kdxrider.net/forums/gallery/imag ... play=popup

here's a pic of after only 2 hours of riding.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

jet block gasket...

Post by KDXGarage »

Nice boots. :naughty:

Seal up the pipe/spark arrestor junction to stop the leak.

Even if it was changed to perfect jetting, there would still be old oil in the pipe.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

jet block gasket...

Post by rbates9 »

It looks like the pipe to silencer coupler seal is missing. With that missing you will have leakage on the swing arm.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

jet block gasket...

Post by rbates9 »

Jason wrote:Nice boots. :naughty:
+1, or 2
argclh6670
Supporting Member

jet block gasket...

Post by argclh6670 »

Jason wrote:Nice boots. :naughty:

Seal up the pipe/spark arrestor junction to stop the leak.

Even if it was changed to perfect jetting, there would still be old oil in the pipe.

yeah, im a huge safety gear advocate. no riding unless properly geared up. my kid was sitting on the bike in back of truck.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

Back to my original question, is there a way to test the jet block gasket for leakage?
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

argclh6670 wrote:Back to my original question, is there a way to test the jet block gasket for leakage?

People, is there anyway to test the jetblock gasket? Also, what glue ya'll use to secure jet block gasket in place?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

argclh6670 wrote:
argclh6670 wrote:Back to my original question, is there a way to test the jet block gasket for leakage?

People, is there anyway to test the jetblock gasket? Also, what glue ya'll use to secure jet block gasket in place?
To test a jet block gasket the best way is to install a new one and see if the problem goes away. I would not use any "glue" of any type. I would use grease if needed to hold the gasket in place. "Glue" will harden and could cause a leak.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

its brand new jet block gasket, im thinking there may still be a prob with it. maybe it didnt get lined up properly? it went together super simple, it didnt look as if it had slipped out of alignment but with the history ive had with the bike. not too sure. i was trying to rule it out.
coolwhip

Post by coolwhip »

Ok this is an old post but here goes anyway. I have the same question the o-ring purchased from Jetsrus is a bit smaller than the track it rides in and after making some measurements I'm not sure it will seal using just the o-ring itself. That and when I remove the jet block for the very first time after OEM assembly it had sealer used in conjunction with the o-ring. So what was your final solution?
IceCold4x4

Post by IceCold4x4 »

coolwhip wrote:Ok this is an old post but here goes anyway. I have the same question the o-ring purchased from Jetsrus is a bit smaller than the track it rides in and after making some measurements I'm not sure it will seal using just the o-ring itself. That and when I remove the jet block for the very first time after OEM assembly it had sealer used in conjunction with the o-ring. So what was your final solution?
Use Elmer's rubber cement to hold it in place during assembly it'll get smooshed in place good enough.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
1997 KDX 200 - FMF pipe and silencer and I have no clue what else yet.
2000 ZRX1100 - 1109 big bore, ZX11 carbs / cams/ double valve springs / igntion box / Kerker exhaust. It's Mad Max black and fast but rarely clean
2006 Volvo XC90 V8 - The toy hauler and sleeper. 300hp and AWD in a soccer mom SUV.