Kickstarter Only Catches Some of the Time

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

TD3: It seems that only the spur gear is the same. Maybe we can work out something on servicing those forks. :grin:

morie: Thanks. I laugh now, but I may TRY later. :mrgreen:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Hi Jason, the carb is indeed a Mikuni (round slide). I have it apart and cleaned the pilot and main jets.

The problem is it will start, idle and run for a minute or so and then die. Does that sound like a float issue ?? If so how would one adjust the float level ?? With the carb upside down which way to I bend the tang to raise the float level ?? I'm sorry if this all sounds vauge, its because I haven't actually run the bike yet. I'm just going of what the owner told me today. I will be able to run it in the morning and give a better description of its syptoms. Do I just adjust the float the same way as the PWK ?? Thanks for any help you can provide... Trev... :supz:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. As best I remember, it is the same way as a Keihin, just bend the little tab. When you are holding it upside down, bend it away from you will cause a lower level. That will cause the tab to hit the valve/cut-off sooner. On my '87, that mechanism is replaceable, so you may want to disassemble that part and inspect it. It might need a new fuel shut off valve.

How are the exhaust pipe and spark arrestor internal conditions, all clogged up maybe?

Thanks,
Jason
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thanks Jas. The fuel shut off valve is inside the carb, not the petcock, right ??

The whole bike is in suprisingly awesome shape. I'll get some good photo's tomorrow.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Dude. Start a new thread. :grin: All questions will be answered then. :mrgreen:
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Damn Aussies! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Point taken..... :oops: I sincerely apologize.

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I was just hoping to have an air-cooled KDX thread started instead of it buried in a thread on a kickstarter. :grin: