diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

how cool is this? (craigslist)

Post by diymirage »

i mean, seriously, this thing rocks

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mcy/3727876908.html
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
sarrant

Re: how cool is this? (craigslist)

Post by sarrant »

Yeah, Honestly I can remember seeing those completely unchanged in the Kawasaki sales literature for almost my whole entire life. Not many bikes you can say that about.
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

BTW, You'd be surprised at how torquey those are for a small bore non-power-valve 2-stroke. They're tuned for pretty much all bottom-end.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

how cool is this? (craigslist)

Post by rbates9 »

That would be a cool toy to have.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I had one of those years ago, seems like it was a 175 if that is possible.

Rode the wheels off it....
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

There was a 175. It was also in production for a pretty long time (but not seemingly forever like the 100).
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

there was a 125 and a 250 also if memory serves me :partyman:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

A KE250 would be awesome. :supz: My mission is to now find a factory street 2T enduro. I remember a friend growing up had a yellow yamaha 250 enduro....we trashed the crap out of it. Would like to find a nice one for local street use.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

I used to have a 75 yamaha RD250...now that was a cool bike
2 cylinder (side by side) 2 stroke with oil injection

Still kicking myself for letting that one go

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

My first "big bike" was a Suzuki TS185...basically suzukis version of the KE/KDX back in the day. Air cooled, indestructable, tractor power and no top end lol. It lasted through my dad, and me and my brother and a couple cousins, and is still sitting in one of my uncle's sheds from what I hear. Might have to try and get it back.
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

bufftester wrote:My first "big bike" was a Suzuki TS185...basically suzukis version of the KE/KDX back in the day. Air cooled, indestructable, tractor power and no top end lol. It lasted through my dad, and me and my brother and a couple cousins, and is still sitting in one of my uncle's sheds from what I hear. Might have to try and get it back.
I learned to ride, illegally according to what the police and my friend's parents would have told us, on a friend's TS125 (the bike was legal, but we weren't). That thing was a lot of fun for a couple of 14 year olds. We'd road ride it over to some bicycle trails on someone's property and blast around on those trails during the summer vacation days when both of my buddy's parents were at work. We'd clean it all up so they didn't know we took it out. Or so we thought. But they had to know. Those dings and scratches didn't magically appear while that thing sat in the garage!
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

Just got rid of this Yamaha CT1 (with AT1 top end):

Full ground up restore, set up to race. Factory GYT-kit race head and expansion chamber, 21" front wheel conversion with Yamaha MX/YZ hubs, spokes, KYB fork conversion (the stockers on the early Jap enduro bikes SUUUUUCKED). Mikuni 32mm.

Fun bikes, all of em.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

oh to be 15 and invicible again
i remember "restoring" my first "bike"
its was an older puch, really nothing more then a glorified moped BUT it sore beat the snot out off my buddies BMXs

anyhow, my dad had some insight in the mind of a 15 year old and so he set sound ground rules...well, really only one rule
NO RIDING IT UNLESS MY DAD WAS HOME
and because a rule like that couldnt stand on its own he had implemented a few precautions, for starters, he kept the sparkplug and i only got it when he was home
secondly, the bike needed to be chained down but in order to preserve some of my self esteem at least he let me chain it up, but he kept the key

well, being 15 i had a few very good traits at my disposal, invincebility, know it all and the such
so, i would wait for my dad to take off and then i would head into the garage, grab me a sparkplug socket, a spare sparkplug, two 17 MM wrenches and my new front wheel

remember how i said my dad allowed me to chain it up myself?
well, i would run the chain through the front wheel, around the forks and back
it would take me all off 2 minutes to pop loose the axle nuts and disconect the brake and the front wheel would just drop out...chain and all
then all i needed to do was instal the new wheel and spark plug and i was off to ride

there was NO WAY my dad would ever find out (after all, i was 15 and he was the old man) and with my superior driving skills i was sure to never get caught

im not sure how long i got away with it but i remember coming to an intersection one day with a fiat panda coming from the right and i knew i had right of way so i gunned it
well, the driver of the fiat had a different point of view and also entered the intersection and i sideswiped her with all the grace of a 15 year old
by some strech of luck (at the time atributed to my superior driving skills) i managed to keep the bike upright and headed straight home...beating the cops there by a smashing 37 seconds (one of the few disadvantages of living in a small town is every one always knows what everyone is up too)

well, i made the cops some coffee and we waited for my dad to gey home
when my dad made it home the cops explained the whole deal to my dad...hit and run...felony...court date...up to the judge...the usual
we exchanged our salutations and as the cops were getting into thier cruiser my dad uttered the timeless words...hey, arent you guys taking his bike?

dont tell him i said this but i cam honoustly picture me saying this about my boys bike in a few years

:lol: :lol: