Fork Tube Removal

Got questions? We got answers....
Bendedrummer

Re: Fork Tube Removal

Post by Bendedrummer »

Diy, I FINALLY got around to looking at/installing the forks this past weekend, and it looks like they'll work just fine. You were right, they did need a good cleaning, but I didn't find any bad damage, just had to replace the dust seals and boots (I already had both). Thanks for the help!

ditton, thank you for the offer, doesn't look like I'll need them though.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Fork Tube Removal

Post by diymirage »

glad to hear that man, I figured all was ok since you never complained about it ;)

on the bright side, I just bought 2 new brake pads, a clutch cable and a clutch perch and lever for my KDX and when I went to pay for it there was actually moneys in my paypall account :)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Fork Tube Removal

Post by Actionman »

ICRage42 wrote:I also have a pair you can just have. They are beat and need serviced but visually ok and you could salvage parts from for later. I would still go with diys tho still. Just pay shipping is all I ask and can post some pics here of them. I wont need them anymore and will also be selling my rebuilt ones. Havent gotten the yz roller yet so I still need the ones on there.
I'd be interested in those forks if u still have em and want just the shipping cost. A spare set would be nice so that I don't have any downtime while I rebuild one set with new seals, bushings, and oil.
2002 KDX 200