Correct Jetting Please

Got questions? We got answers....
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Correct Jetting Please

Post by Julien D »

Cornishwrecker is probably pretty damn close on the jetting recommendation. I prefer not to make such recommendations, because if you lean it out too far and blow it up, I do not want to be responsible. This is why I generally suggest to start at 45/155 and work your way down slowly. You should begin with a selection of jets. Say pilots from 40 - 45 and mains from 150 - 155. Jetsrus is a great place to purchase individual jets.

Since you are having top end trouble, I would also recommend cleaning/inspecting the KIPS.
heenimeeni

Correct Jetting Please

Post by heenimeeni »

cornishwrecker220 wrote:regarding the air box lid i would just remove the `snorkle` from the top of the lid ...some people on here would say remove the whole lid completely but i perfer to leave the lid on personally...with the jetting the first thing i would do is raise the clip on the needle to position number 2 ( 2nd from the top.. 3rd is standard ) this would lean the jetting slightly , if still blubbery then go down 1 size on your main jet ..i notice you are running a rad valve?...these require to lean both the main & pilot jet so you your probably looking to run a 42 pilot jet rather than the stock 45...i recon with a new air filter, plug & fuel mix of say 32.1 or 40.1 & snorkle removed your jetting will be around the 42/40 pilot & 150/152 main mark.. air screw is between 1.5- 2 turns out .. let us know how you get on
Yes I was looking to replace the stock reeds with some Boysen reeds and came across the Rad Reed Valve Conversion kit with Pro Carbon Reeds, bought it and installed it. I have to say this gave the bike real kick. I think that the bike is just not jetted right to get the max out oof the mods I have put on. I am sure she needs to breathe a bit more too!!

This is awesome concise and great help!! I will follow your instructions to the letter. Of course I will report to this thread when I have some progress.

Is there recommended supplier for the jets?
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Correct Jetting Please

Post by kkim »

2017 Husqvarna FE250