Whats the advantage of having a kdx200 carb on a kdx220??

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Whats the advantage of having a kdx200 carb on a kdx220??

Post by Ryan »

hi, i just bought a kdx in july, i put new brakes on it, new bearings and rode it. Now it is time to do some work to get ready for next year. Anyway, i was going to rejett my bike and found that the jets i have in there right now are :main jet 155 and pilot 48. These are jets for a kdx200 carb. So roughly measured the carb and each time it came almost to 35mm. So i think i have a 35mm carb. well im guessing it is from kdx200. Is there a way i can tell? And why would the previous owner do this. I am kinda confused?? :sad: .
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Keep the 35mm carb!!! You got lucky!

The reason Kawasaki put a 33mm carb on a 220 was to increase air flow at low rpm's. And the reason they did that was to develop a bike that would work well at low rpms and speeds; kinda like a trials bike.

The reason you want to keep the 35mm carb is the bike will rev out higher and provide more horsepower.

If you really want to regain the low rpm performance that the 33mm carb offers, then send the 35mm carb into Ron Black at RBdesigns and have him install a divider plate. Not sure what that is? Go visit his site and do some reading on this site.

http://www.rb-designs.com/

Oh, Inda!! Did you notice that Ron has a link on his site to us over here?! Pretty cool!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!