What are KDX50s like?

Got questions? We got answers....
robkdx

What are KDX50s like?

Post by robkdx »

What are KDX50s like? Thinking of getting one for my 6 year old.

Reliable?
sarrant

Re: What are KDX50s like?

Post by sarrant »

They're just fine, but I'm partial to the pw50 for the shaft drive and huge aftermarket support. Example: Take a look at pwonly.com
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

PW50 is a good call, my kids all learned on a Suzuki JR50...that thing was indestructible...still wish I had the QA50 my brother and I learned on. At 6 if he takes to riding he will outgrow the 50 pretty quick, the KX65 is a good little bike (and a 2 stroker-start them early! lol), my kids all moved up and raced a well abused Polini until they were on to 85s.
robkdx

Post by robkdx »

My boys quite timid so a 50 is where to start. Happy to upgrade in a year to more power but start him easy. I like the look of a PW50 to be fair. May be the way I go.
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

Even for an aggressive, experienced kid, I think the seat height on a kx65 is too high for all but the very biggest of 6 year olds

I do think they quickly outgrow the pw/kdx, but as far as I'm concerned, that's the point of it. You buy it to give them a quick start on an easy to ride machine, and hope they outgrow it in a hurry. Resale on kids bikes is so stable, ownership is practically free
robkdx

Post by robkdx »

Yeah I would rather he learns to outride the bike than have a bike that puts him off. Agree on the cost as im a anal about having tidy bikes I tend to sell them for more than I pay for them anyway.