New KDX owner - just started the tear down.

Got questions? We got answers....
Jenger

Re: New KDX owner - just started the tear down.

Post by Jenger »

Ohh I get it its one of those, which is better chevy ford or dodge questions??? :mrgreen:
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Post by cjrincon03 »

Alot of people also run ATF type F in the case of a two stroke. I do. I was told that few years ago and stuck with it. I run Lucas semi-synthetic at 40:1 mix for fuel. It was on sale at the parts house and I picked up several quarts. Worked fine for me.

But yes, no one likes to answer that question! I have nothing to loose, nothing to gain, just thought id throw that in the mix for a curveball . :-)
95 KDX
Jenger

Post by Jenger »

Alright guys. So I took the basket out, and sure enough the one side was groovy as heck, so I went to work with my metal file and flattened the grooves down nice. In the process I dropped the basket right into a pile of dirt :doh:

So.. My buddy who is a great mechanic gave me a hand, insisted that I needed new pads. After taking it apart, and realizing the pads were fine, he agreed that I should file the basket down.. However, in the process of taking everything out, a thin, skinny large metal ring came off I BELIEVE before taking out the plates & pads and we can't figure out what it is or what its for. After everything, we noticed a 2nd large metal ring, however this one was flat holding uptight real close between the basket & the plates. The first one I found was slightly curved or angled.

Gotta figure out what this ring is for.

Other than that my buddy thought it would be a good idea to get new springs. To me they seem fine, he says they are a bit worn out. Everything else seems okay w/ the clutch (besides the basket grooves) so idk what do you guys think?

Should of taken pictures.... :doh:
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Dekon »

Is it the judder spring and judder spring seat? Check out this link, parts 92022a and 92022c: http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... oup/Clutch
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

But it back together and see what happens. No need to replace things that don't need replacing.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
Jenger

Post by Jenger »

Dekon wrote:Is it the judder spring and judder spring seat? Check out this link, parts 92022a and 92022c: http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... oup/Clutch
Yes thats it! Judder spring & Judder spring seat washer's. It looks like the angled one goes over the flat one.. Awesome.

Today is my 24th birthday! I wanted to ride this weekend for the occasion, but ofcourse, kawi decided it was going to take another 4 days until my gaskets & oil fill cap come in. :?

Not much I can do before then.