My bike is a woods assault weapon

Got questions? We got answers....
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My bike is a woods assault weapon

Post by Tyl3r »

[START RANT] I'm sure you guys already know this... but man do these KDX's kill it in the woods! lol Since I've had the thing in November, I havent gotten to do much tight, fast woods riding. We went out all day on Sunday and that bike was impressing the **** out of me. My 3 buddies that I rode with all ride CRF250's. Each one of them came up to me at different times during the day and were like "Damn Ty, I'm workin my ass off trying to keep up with you on that thing, and I just can't do it!" haha We did a drag race in a field too and I smoked em :boogie: (suck that modern fuel injected thumper that cost 2-3 times more than my bike!) I do have to add... on the first attempt at a race, when we went to take off, i expected my back tire to spin pretty good off the line... well it didnt. I let the clutch out and let her fly haha launched right out from under me and I landed on my ass :kick: hahaha man did I look and feel like an idiot. We all had a good laugh tho, so its all good :supz:

I was riding them quads for a while and they really started to cloud my views. I was almost convinced that I was gonna be rid of bike and get a z400 this summer. All I needed was that one good ride! There really is nothin better (for me) than goin as fast as you can through a tight single track with a bunch of your buddies. I also was tossing around the idea of getting a 250F bike... I've wanted one for ever. After switching with a buddy and riding his, NOPE. Definitely like the KDX better. The way the power is delivered on that thing is just awesome... it felt to me like it was way faster. Plus, 2-strokes sound WAAAAAYYYYYYY cooler!

I got a 12T front sprocket in the mail yesterday and tested it out last night... that thing is even more nasty now! I did it mainly so I could stay in 2nd a lot more in the tighter/slower stuff rather than switching between 1st/2nd a ton. Well it worked out how I had planned! Its also great cause it makes lofting the front over [literally] everything even easier. I'm thinkin next I may switch out the Pro circuit pipe for a FMF woods pipe to make the bike a torque monster lol I dunno about that yet tho, I'm happy with how it runs now.

I just could not be happier with that bike. I had to say something lol i guess I'm gonna hafta start looking around for a 125 rolling chassis now lol making it a hybrid is the only way I could see me liking it even better. I'd love for it to be lighter so its a lil easier to throw around, but its not bad right now at all. I know for sure that I'm at least keeping that motor around for a good while! [/END RANT]
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: My bike is a woods assault weapon

Post by KDXGarage »

Wow. Thanks for the report. :partyman: It is cool that you are enjoying the heck out of your bike.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

Hahaha I just had to say somethin. I know all you guys already know how awesome they are in the woods :partyman:
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

A 250F with an average rider will struggle to keep up with a well tuned KDX in the woods, no doubt about it. Glad you're loving your ride!