1995 kdx hasnt ran in 2 years

Got questions? We got answers....
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Re: 1995 kdx hasnt ran in 2 years

Post by cjrincon03 »

I can push the kick start lever by hand but its not easy, I couldn't do a full stroke by hand . It's been a while since I've been on it but it doesn't feel any easier to kick . In comparison , its easier to kick then my '81 250r I had , but way harder to kick then the 07 crf100 my nephew has,

The 250r was around 2 years ago and I remember it being harder to kick.

The crf100 I kicked several times for my nephew the day I was working on the kdx. He kept stalling it out.

7-8 kicks on the kdx still gets me huffing and puffing , its not "like butter" to kick.

Why do you say spend more for wiseco? It thst much better then pro-x?

I am going to pull it all back apart this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

On a side note, I know where a 05 yz450f is for $1500 nothing wrong with it. I'm thinking seriously on it. Just don't know if its too much bike. Never been on one.
95 KDX
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by B737driver »

Dude, if you're tired of kicking a KDX steer clear of any modern 4 stroke without the magic switch (electric start). Had a bud with a KTM 450, ran great till it stalled, then took on average 10to15 mins worth of taking turns kicking it to get it going again.

Steer clear, there's a reason he's selling it that cheap. :naughty:

Side note - bet his right leg is twice the size of his left. :grin:
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Post by cjrincon03 »

B737driver wrote:Dude, if you're tired of kicking a KDX steer clear of any modern 4 stroke without the magic switch (electric start). Had a bud with a KTM 450, ran great till it stalled, then took on average 10to15 mins worth of taking turns kicking it to get it going again.

Steer clear, there's a reason he's selling it that cheap. :naughty:

Side note - bet his right leg is twice the size of his left. :grin:

Lol, you definitely have a point there! The guy on the electric start with ya'll pulled up a chair and :pop:

I've never big on a big 4 stroke without a magic switch. I took it for granted .

Guess I'm getting ahead of myself . I still want to fix this bike , but a second newer bike is still not out of the question. Maybe a wr450!? Haha. Never even thought about a 450, just found that one and it peaked my Interest.
95 KDX
cjrincon03
Supporting Member

Post by cjrincon03 »

To update, I've decided to finish up the kdx and ride it instead of buying a new bike.

I bought a stock carb and fmf pipe from superjet's part out .

Ordered new o rings and gaskets, new floats, various pilot and main jets, new fuel lines from jets r us.

Ordered New boyesen 607's and maier mx rear fender from Dennis Kirk

Bought like new Pirelli pull offs from a local bike shop

Other then the tires, I have not received any of the above parts yet.

While I waited I pulled EVERYTHING I could out of the carb body and soaked the carb body and jet block for 2 days in a bucket of carb cleaner.

I am borrowing a compression tester from a friend this next weekend, so still don't know exact compression .

I read this article on thumper talk tonight ( http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/657765 ... to-kdx200/ )

And in terrified there's alot wrong with my bike. It's really got me worried. I don't know much about the KIPS, but I'm constantly reading and trying to learn, and I'm also learning alot about the kdx as a whole .

I can't help it, it's really in my head the worst case scenario! I just think its going to be trashed when I opener her up to have a look. I have never taken the KIPS covers off for any reason. Found a replated cylinder and piston set with less then one hour of time on them, makes we want to just buy them and go ahead and get them on the way.

I'm trying to make it right, but I have poorly maintained this bike since 2002 And I'm playing hell trying to catch up
95 KDX