Model??? Mods that good??

Got questions? We got answers....
03kdx200orisit???

Post by 03kdx200orisit??? »

Hey guys... New to the forum so bare with me. Quick ? About a kdx 200 I bought dirt cheap, the thing is it has had all plastic replaced with kx plastic of various yrs and frame has been powder coated and lots if after market parts. I can't get title for a while because guy I bought it from works on the rail road and is constantly out of town. any other way to tell exactly what model it is ??? And also should it be able to blow the graphics off of my YZ 250 because it does :tonqe: and I've beaten various others 250 thumpers on it as well any thoughts??? Thanks :cool:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Model??? Mods that good??

Post by bufftester »

The VIN is stamped on the headtube, 10th digit is the year code. You can decode it here http://www.kdxgarage.com/vininformation.html. As for the YZ250, depends on the year, condition of bike, type of riding, rider skill, etc. Similar years/riders YZ will eat KDXs lunch on the MX track, head into the woods and it's a different story. Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forum.
03kdx200orisit???

No go!!! Stock exhaust M.i.a all fmf a.m. Exhaust.. Now what??? Lol
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

03kdx200orisit??? wrote:No go!!! Stock exhaust M.i.a all fmf a.m. Exhaust.. Now what??? Lol
head-tube, not header tube
it is the part of the bike where the forks bolt on to the frame ;)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
bcdonyo
Supporting Member

Post by bcdonyo »

Powder coating can be thick enough to cover the VIN stamp. If it has a perimeter frame it's a 95-06, black tanks stared in '03, but who knows if it's original. A modded KDX would be able to accelerate with a 250f, but a properly tuned YZ 250 2 stroke should walk away from a KDX all things being equal.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

bcdonyo wrote:but a properly tuned YZ 250 2 stroke should walk away from a KDX in a straight line all things being equal.
Fixed it for ya! :wink:

As for year, it doesn't really matter much. If it is liquid cooled then there are only two versions, the '89-'94 E-series and the '95+ H-series. All engine parts will interchange between their respective models.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
03kdx200orisit???

Smh at myself for being a noob lol I did however know the difference between the two just didnt make the connection in my head... Also can anyone tell me what this small line right under the pipe on right side of motor is and why theres oil coming out of it??? It has a rubber sleeve on it if that helps.