What is my KDX H8 worth?

Got questions? We got answers....
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What is my KDX H8 worth?

Post by Tyl3r »

Sooo... since just about EVERYONE that I ride with is switching over to riding quads... that's all I have been riding every weekend for the past month or so... they are starting to grow on me and I'm thinking... and i STRESS the word THINKING about selling my KDX and replacing it with a LTZ 400. I wish I had the money to have both right now... but its not lookin feasible this year.

What I want to know is what is a good asking price for this bike? I know I overpaid ($1800), but I bought it off my buddy and he let me make payments on it with no interest, so I didn't complain. Since I got the bike, I went over and greased everything I could get my hands on, tore apart the carb and cleaned it, new plug, changed the trans oil a 3 or 4 times, put new renthal bars on, bark busters, hand shields, moi clutch perch, played around and got the clutch pull as soft as a new bike, and took the lowering links off to get it back to stock height. It also just got new tires that dont even have an hour on them yet.

Do you think I can get $1800 back out of it? The bike really is in awesome shape (the previous owner was the original owner and was my buddies girlfriend and she was afraid of it, her dad mainly rode it around here and there), nice clean plastics, there isnt anything caked on anywhere or anything rusting. The bike runs like a champ, starts by the second kick every time, no squeaking, nothings loose or anything.

The only downsides are i cracked the right rear number plate and the back fender, but they are still holding up just fine and are just cosmetic. The graphics are also coming off on the shrouds and I touched it up with some electrical tape lol.

What do you think? I figured $1500 would be a fair price not including the new parts...with those I figure i can get $1800
04/05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out
18 KTM 500 EXC-F Dual Sport/Sumo toy
24 KTM 300XC-W Cheater bike
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

What is my KDX H8 worth?

Post by rbates9 »

Check craigs list in your area and see what they are going for around you. Some places they can't be touched for that and other places you could get one for half.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: What is my KDX H8 worth?

Post by bufftester »

Like Rbates said, check around first. It's worth whatever the buyer pays you for it. I've seen them for as little as 600, and some for 2500 here in the PNW. Average price here (for the ones that sell) has been around 1200 lately. Also depends on how quickly you want to sell, or if you can take sitting on it waiting for the right buyer.