Clutch noise?

Got questions? We got answers....
carts69
Supporting Member

Clutch noise?

Post by carts69 »

Can anyone advise on whay a clutch would be noisy, when the clutch lever is pulled in the noise goes away. This noise was noticed after a replacement clutch fitted?
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Clutch noise?

Post by dude541 »

hey martin,
what oil and how much are you using? it is easy not to get the correct amount in there.
for the record you know my engine has been fully overhauled, I cant say I can specifically hear the clutch, but when I pull the lever there is a tiny difference in noise, so it is possibly just normal, especially if you have fitted a new clutch.
best regards
john
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Clutch noise?

Post by Julien D »

Pulling the clutch definitely reduces KIPS rattle, for some unknown reason. Could that be what you are hearing?
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Clutch noise?

Post by dude541 »

Julien D wrote:Pulling the clutch definitely reduces KIPS rattle, for some unknown reason. Could that be what you are hearing?

did you get your new piston and cylinder re-lined martin? did you have the kips apart for cleaning, replace any old seals etc?
possibly as julien says.
best regards
john
carts69
Supporting Member

Clutch noise?

Post by carts69 »

Thanks for the input, quality as always! John not put the motor back together yet or had piston etc done, while i have it apart i thought i would question this as i remeber it as always being a noise that stood out. But good point regarding the kips, Can't say 100% that it was clutch noise, just though it might be because the engaged clutch reduced the rattle noise (nearly completely).