Revloc clutch issues

Got questions? We got answers....
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Revloc clutch issues

Post by kkim »

Check out steps 20 and 21 in this link. Are you sure you have the clutch plates installed all the way? It took me a couple of trys to get everything lined up perfectly so the there was no play in the clutch pack once reassembled.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/829299 ... -pictures/
2017 Husqvarna FE250
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Revloc clutch issues

Post by SS109 »

Why is your DR that far down in the pack? I wouldn't think it would matter but Revloc said for the E-series that there should be only one friction disc above the DR. Don't worry about the extra spring in the kit. A lot of them come that way as they can be used on more than just one application. Also, did you adjust the DR according to Revloc's directions?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
iregret

Re: Revloc clutch issues

Post by iregret »

Well, I followed the instructions on this page to a T.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/829299 ... -pictures/

I went for a ride today. It seems like I'm in the ballpark now. More importantly, I can override the auto clutch. I ended up changing 4 things.

1. I removed a ring. There was only one ring in there, so the previous owner must have missed it.
2. I removed 1 wave spring from the dynaring. I am now running 2.
3. I replaced the 4 throw out bearing springs with ones that are 10% stiffer.
4. I switched to ATF type F.

The auto clutch functions, but the bike has to be completely up to temperature. Which is fine. I just use the clutch until its up to temp.

Thanks for your help guys!
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kkim »

Now that you've got the bike running with the DR, try fine tuning it by playing with the clutch cable adjustment at the lever. A small adjustment makes a big difference on how the DR functions.

How do you like it, so far?
2017 Husqvarna FE250
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

kkim wrote:...try fine tuning it by playing with the clutch cable adjustment at the lever. A small adjustment makes a big difference on how the DR functions.
Yup! Just an 1/8 of a turn on the adjuster can make a huge difference. Following those instructions on TT will get you in the ballpark but doesn't cover the fine tuning. If your DR isn't working when cold it sounds like you don't have quite enough gap. Anyways, play with the adjustment a bit a see the difference in how it engages and pick what works for you.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R