I can't find a KX 500 anywhere! :(

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXnoob1

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Man, these bikes must be like gold in ontario! I'm dying to buy one of these bikes or trade it for my KDX 250 with a street legal title but these things are hard to come by and at a decent price to. Managed to find one around the Toronto area. Get this, 1996 model, the guy wanted $4,500. Thats insane! I've seen another one go for $2,200. Now thats more like it! But for $4,500? I could pick up a 2011 KX 450 for that much!
Anyways, this is fairly pointless but if anyone knows anyone that is selling a KX500 for a half decent price or wants a street legal KDX let me know! I may even be willing to cross the border to get it. Guelph isn't too far from Michigan/New york anyways.
Thanks folks!
kwakers

Re: I can't find a KX 500 anywhere! :(

Post by kwakers »

oh so thats the guelph bike on Kijiji :)

im east end TO

cheers

ian
KDXnoob1

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Yes sir, that is the bike haha, love it, but insurance for a 20 year old isn't that great haha.
Exspecially in college, atleast on a KX5 there's no insurance haha.
Thanks Ian!
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I hear ya,,, im just finishing my 1994 250, i was hoping the bike was plated when i got it to ride it on the street, too much time and money in now to start another,,,hahahhah insurance for liability is $125 a year so may be able to hit the ganny, trying to find riding spots in toronto is like trying to find a KX500 for sale :) lol ill keep my ears open for anything around this way north and east

cheers

ian
KDXnoob1

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Well its settled, I got an offer for a 1990 CR 500. Looks ridiculously clean. just gotta get my bike certified and its a done deal. YAY! Will post pics when I have it. (next friday, the 29th)......(Hoping the safety goes well haha)
terminatr

Post by terminatr »

I've been told the 500's are beasts that'll hurt you. My friend had one for sale, but he wouldn't sell it to me because I've only been riding for two years. He said many people have been hurt by the 500's. The thing is the power delivery is supposedly so abrupt, you can't control it if you'are not badazz. My friend only used it for sand dune riding, where the power would just make the wheel spin, not buck him off or rip his arm out of the socket.

Stay safe
2001 KDX220
GKBO
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GKBO »

There was one for sale on Vancouver Island but it must have sold as I can't find it.Don't know where you'd ride that big a bike here .I was just wondering how many KDX's where for sale here on the south island,about as many as KX500's there :shock:
KDXnoob1

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Haha, I'm gonna race it in the MX3 division here around Guelph, the power is gonna take some getting used to though. Although I learn fast and at 20 yrs old I've had litre bikes before and been riding for 5 years. SHould be a grand old ride!
GKBO
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GKBO »

Don't pay me much mind either,I ain't even been out in the woods here.I've been a street rider more than 10 years before you where born.That sig line should read "Hoping to play in the dirt". :mrgreen: