Brake switch question

Got questions? We got answers....
bgfalcon

Brake switch question

Post by bgfalcon »

Hello,

I have a '99 KDX 220. I'm working on making it street legal to get it plated for dual sport events. On to the question -

I bought the Tusk/Rocky Mountain brake switch for Nissin brakes, but it doesn't seem to fit. The banjo bolt will only go in a few turns before it's hand tight, and I'm afraid to take a wrench to it since the OEM banjo bolt goes in and out very easily.

Has anyone used this switch for their KDX? Should I just make sure the threads are clean and wrench it down?

Link - http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/43/ ... sin-Brakes
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Brake switch question

Post by rbates9 »

Hold the brake switch and the banjo bolt up to each other with the threads meshing together and see if they look the same. The threads should sit evenly together all the way down. If the switch threads in a turn or two it sounds like the thread pitch may be off, or the switch might just have a bad spot on the threads.
bgfalcon

Brake switch question

Post by bgfalcon »

Thanks for the advice.

They looked like they meshed well so I decided to put the pressure switch in and give it a turn or two with a wrench - it was "firm" but didn't catch. It was much smoother with a little brake fluid on/in it, but remained firm all the way until it seated. Worked perfect. :grin: