Front brake

Got questions? We got answers....
brian1014

Front brake

Post by brian1014 »

Hey guys, I've got a 95 kdx 200 and ridden it twice so far and last trip my buddy ran into my front end;bending my front disc, its the stock OEM floating disc(I think that's stock?). What would be a good front brake that won't break the bank too bad? Thanks for any help!!!
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Front brake

Post by royadams »

I think someone mentioned rocky mnt atv had there tusk discs on clearance a few weeks ago. May be worth a look
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Front brake

Post by rbates9 »

You might be able to straighten it out if it is not too bad. I have straightened the rear disk a few times before I got the rotor guard. Also if you are looking for as cheap as possible many of the KX rotors are the same other then the mounting holes are smaller on the KX so you just need to drill them out to take the KDX bolts. If you shop clearance parts you might have better luck with a KX disk. Or even used.
brian1014

Front brake

Post by brian1014 »

Yeah I tried bending it back, it seems fine except for one small 1 inch spot where it was warped the most. My dad went to a store today and said they can get me an ebc front rotor for 120, now what I'm unsure of is if it will fit right on as my OEM floating rotor is 250-260 mm(measured as close to middle as I could, didn't have tire off) so do you know if fixed rotors are smaller and also would my rotor that I have on the bike right now be considered an oversized disc? Thanks so much for the help!!!!
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Front brake

Post by canamfan »

I got one from moto-master brake systems on e-bay, I don't remember how much but it was cheap and seems to be holding up well. i've ridden 8- 2 hour harescrambles with it.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Front brake

Post by rbates9 »

If it is for a KDX it should be the right size.

You can get a http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/44/ ... otor-Front for about half of that price and all you will need to do is drill the mounting holes out a little bit to take the larger KDX mounting bolts. I have done this for one of my wheels and it worked fine. The outer diameter is the same and the center diameter is also the same. The bolt spacing is the same. the only difference is the KX uses a smaller tapered screw to hold it on and the KDX uses a larger shouldered screw.
brian1014

Front brake

Post by brian1014 »

Thanks for the help everyone!! You guys are awesome! I think im goona go with that one off Rockymountain, can't beat the price, and from the reviews it seems very good too
brian1014

Front brake

Post by brian1014 »

Sorry for bringing back this thread but my buddies bringing me my kx tusk disc in abit. You drill the holes out to 10mm right?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Front brake

Post by rbates9 »

I can't remember now. You can check what size the hole in the KDX disk is and just go that size.