I need to replace Driven shifter

Got questions? We got answers....
turtle
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by turtle »

I have a Driven shifter on my bike. It is a really nice looking part, but not very durable as it turns out. it has stripped out. in defense of the Driven part, from what I have been reading it's pretty common for alloy shifters to strip.

so now I'm looking for a steel shift lever. MSR has one that I like the look of, but all I'm finding is conflicting information about whether or not it will fit my 2004. I see the same MSR part number shown as fititing all KDX 200s in some places, and for up to -94 bikes only in other places.

do you all have any suggestions for a steel shifter and where to get it, or if the black MSR folding shifter, part number 070726, will fit a '04?

thanks as always!
Bill
Central IL
2004 KDX220R
2011 Triumph Tiger 1050 SE
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I bought a Moose shifter (now rebranded as Scotts :roll: ) through Scotts for my E. I really like it. They list the '04 here: http://www.scottsonline.com/Product_Pur ... ke_ID=3064
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by dfeckel »

Those Driven shifters really suck. You're right--they look very nice, but strip their splines in just a few rides. In an effort to get them to grip harder, I cut 1-2mm out of the pinch area so it can clamp down farther. Helps, but doesn't really eliminate the suck.

I'm sold on stock shifters.
David Eckel