2006 kdx 200 question

Got questions? We got answers....
knowledge seeker

2006 kdx 200 question

Post by knowledge seeker »

I need to replace the connecting rod on my son's bike. My mechanic tells me the rod has to be balanced to something else. Can you buy the connecting rod already assembled & balanced?. Would anyone care to instruct me on what to get, why & where?. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Roger
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

2006 kdx 200 question

Post by pumpguy »

If you Google "Hot Rods, KDX 200" you should find a replacement rod assembly with no trouble. The kit includes the con rod, crank pin, lower and upper caged roller assembly, and the side washers. I'm sure Kawasaki sells them too.

It's not a question of balancing. That's done by the factory to the internal flywheels that the crank pin gets pressed into. Proper workmanship to press out the old crank pin, press in the new pin, and true up the alignment between the right and left main shafts is what needs to be done properly.

This is described in the service manual. Unless you have an hydraulic press, and a set of V blocks or a lathe with centers, and precision dial indicators to measure the amount of mis-alignment, I would suggest you have this done by a professional.

Another possibility would be a good replacement crank assembly. Maybe you could find someone that could offer a rebuilt exchange crank?

Good Luck.