Best aftermarket plastic?

Got questions? We got answers....
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Who makes the best matching color wise, and the best fitting for an H model KDX? Where is the cheapest place to buy them?
Musclegarunt

Post by Musclegarunt »

These Acerbis handguards on my bike sure look kawasaki green to me... :supz:
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

I kitted out my 220 with a full set from UFO, the rear mudguard light was different to the OE but still made of toughened plastic, they dont make a OE style headlight shroud but they do make a more modern style one which still looks good, they are well made, perfect colour match & an excellent fit..you should be able to purchase a full kit through either ebay or i think jeff fredette stocks them. :grin:
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

from my understanding and recent purchases for the 95.

I have both acerbis and ufo. I do not see much difference so far in color in both makes. Both look the same green to me. Acerbis being closer to stock molding imo and ufo just being slightly different. Both fit imo with close to stock.

As far as price. Fleabay is where Ive gotten mine and from just two sellers. Going to UFO or Acerbis your looking at 30-40 more then what you can get on fleabay per part. Finding parts made from one manufacturer for all your parts on fleabay isnt easy. Which is why I went with a acerbis front fender and rest ufo. Well for decent price.

http://stores.ebay.com/ridersdiscount side shrouds, and side panels from there .....purchasing new rear fender from here as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/lytleracinggroup acerbis front fender

http://stores.ebay.com/keepitroostin acerbis hand gaurds from here......not with barkbuster kind I got ....screwed up there wanted the ones that came with.

I dont know what to tell ya but you can look at my pics and judge for yourself on the color match I suppose. The only thing I can tell difference wise now is the tank lol. Its a completely different green now then when factory fresh. Then again Ive just been with it in a cold dank dark garage too. Ill pull her out tommorrow if the drive isnt an ice skating rink and take some pics for ya too.

You can also get on fleabay an mx style fender for it. Looks nice and there is some that also have an led light. I couldnt find one fitting kdx tho with light this style.....and price jumps up almost 30 bucks too.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Best aftermarket plastic?

Post by diymirage »

my project KDX came with a maier MX style rear fender

i think it looks pretty darn stock

newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Thanks for the replys. I have just seen some very bad color matches and horror stories of trying to get aftermarket plastic to fit. But it sounds like about any of them should be fine. And what does anyone know about the difference between KX green and 2005 and up KX green?