auto clutch for my hybrid

Got questions? We got answers....
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by royadams »

I'm considering getting a efm auto clutch for my kdx 250 hybrid. Before I spend over $700 bucks on one I was wondering if anyone here has one. And how about a front left rear brake setup I'd like to have the clutch lever and brake. And before anyone says you don't need an auto clutch, last year i ended up with rheumatoid arthritis and have lost a lot of strength in hands.if i work the front brake or clutc much my hands go completely numb. Any help would be great thanks.
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

If you have hand problems I wouldn't go with a lhrb they are harder to pull than a clutch in my experience with them.
Did I say riding?
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

I think it's a great idea. The auto clutch takes a lot of work out of riding. The LHRB is great when you get in a pinch. Make sure you set up the hand brake where you keep the rear foot brake. I had severe hand numbness (Dr fixed that) when I added a auto clutch It made riding much easier and more fun. As far as is it worth the money, if you can swing it go for it. You wont regret it! :supz: :supz:
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: auto clutch for my hybrid

Post by royadams »

Thanks for the input. I think I'll send off my clutch next week. I'll see how it goes then decide on the brake. I wonder if I can mod one of the reckuse lhrb. They look good since u can leave your clutch lever. It looks like the slave cylinder must just push the foot lever.
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

Excellent choice! I just checked out the Rekluse brake kit and video, very nice. I like the way you can keep the clutch lever and still have a LHRB. Talk to Gary at EFM about the LHRB set up he has. I think it will allow you to keep the foot brake set up like with the Rekluse. I think with EFM clutches you will not be able to use the clutch lever any more so you will remove it. EFM LHRB kits are cheaper than the Rekluse cause they don't use a special set-up to work around the clutch lever. Keep us informed on your set-up you use.
royadams
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: auto clutch for my hybrid

Post by royadams »

Joe I talked to Gary the other day. And he no longer carries the brake kit. I'm ridding this weekend, then the suspension and clutch will be sent off. So in a couple weeks the bike should undergo
stage two of its transformation. I can't wait as nice as the rm chassis handles now with a revalve it should rock.
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

I hate to hear that. His were like half price to Rekluse. I think with a little info searching one could be made out of a hydro clutch lever set up. Keep us up dated on the hybrid. Later Joe