95 h1..... need help

Got questions? We got answers....
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Re: 95 h1..... need help

Post by argclh6670 »

Hey guys, I'm running a R1174K (stock) kdx200. I'm wanting to lean out the range where its coming off the pj. Im thinking it may need a longer straight section on the needle. I'm already on the top clip position as of last weekend which helped a huge amount, with so many different codes with different needles its overwhelming to me to say the least. Is there a needle that would target the area im regarding to? I've looked at some different sites with charts but I can't grasp it. So I'm asking for help guys. Thanks in advance
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: 95 h1..... need help

Post by Julien D »

Interesting. I'm not surprised the dropping the needle helped, as it definitely sounds rich. Honestly from the videos, it sounded like it was blubbery rich at wide throttle openings and low-mid RPM. I'm not sure a leaner needle is what you need. If you want to try, 1173 would be the next step leaner for the OEM needles. Have you tried dropping the main jet, by any chance? Maybe 152 or 150?

J.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

95 h1..... need help

Post by argclh6670 »

K. Guys. Its been awhile since my last post. Still dealing with the bike loading up badly down low. .I be jetted then rejetted, recently installed new reeds, replaced spring and pin at governor . The bike just pours spooge out the silencer/pipe joint. Frustrated!