Torque wrench question

Got questions? We got answers....
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Torque wrench question

Post by ICRage42 »

Ok forgive me here but I did buy a decent torque wrench for the kdx build.

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-torque-wrenches

Now Im used to the click type wrench but alas mine is no longer anywhere accurate under 40 lbs. This wrench and like most other digital ones you have an angle/degree to set as well.

What angle or sorry degree should I set that wrench to.

So far Ive set all the proper torque settings for front forks and such and put them at 030 degrees. Too tight? Loose.

The wrench is stellar tho. Audible buzzer with light. Almost like a stud finder feel. Feels very sturdy except for battery cover on end. Takes 4 triple a batteries has auto shut off and 7-100 ft/lbs range. =/- 2% accuracy.

I watched their videos but nothing on the matter of not having an angle setting or degree. :hmm:

Side note good batteries in it and it has a back light. Batteries do come with it and the case allows you to store 4 extra. Case is sturdy too. Batteries are junk that come with it tho.

They had them on sale there for a while for 90 dollars

anyone else have a digital? Links to a better tutorial?
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
86kdxjake

Torque wrench question

Post by 86kdxjake »

The angle is for torque to yield bolts only. You torque them to spec then an additional amount in degrees. This stretches the bolt, which is why you can't reuse those types of bolts. If you put the angle in for a regular bolt you are overtorquing them
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Torque wrench question

Post by ICRage42 »

Thank you that was a good description I understand better now. Kinda came to the same conclusion . Here the wrench is set up for angle but you dont have to use it it is a different setting that changes it to a regular torque setting. So it is a good one with that option. Here it also states if batteries are bad then it will default to these settings if weak. So bought some more batteries today and no prob. Unfortunatly it does mean retorqin everything again. Batteries i had gotten sucked i guess brand new 20 pack might of been just old I suppose. No probs now and in garage wrenchin.

thanks for the help again
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.