Revloc or EVM auto clutch

Got questions? We got answers....
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

Looking for opinions on which is better. Have you had either one. Is it worth the money. Thanks Joe
KDXsg

Post by KDXsg »

Never need one. Thats for lazy people. You will lose your clutch control skill. My buddies have it and still sucks in riding.
A true KDX customizer!!
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

Have heard that line from alot of people. Too lazy, there for pu**y's, till they rode one, now they own one. Won't lose your clutch skills, I still use my clutch almost all the time. If you can get one choose the Revloc as it still has a clutch over ride. They are the coming thing. Most every one who tells you NO to an auto clutch has never spent one full day of riding with one.
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200
KDXsg

Re: Revloc or EVM auto clutch

Post by KDXsg »

I will spend that money on a fork conversion or on my kids. hah..
A true KDX customizer!!
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

That is what I here from the woods racers, (You ride with one and you will get one). Almost all the Endurocross racers run them. How long have you had yours? Thanks Joe
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I really, really liked my Revloc. I never had problems dialing mine in, but others had trouble getting it set-up. Not sure why some had no problems and others did. I sold mine when Revloc was going to stop selling them (in the US at least). I didn't like the idea of not being able to get parts or what I'd do with the thing when that friction material on the Ring wore out.

I was definitely faster in the woods with the autoclutch.

The EFM clutch isn't cheap, but the price gap is now less with the only source of new Revlocs being from AU.

I'd really like to have an autoclutch again, but I just can't justify that much money for one. Right now at least. If I could find a used EFM . . .
Last edited by Tedh98 on 11:46 am Feb 11 2013, edited 1 time in total.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

KDXsg wrote:Thats for lazy people. You will lose your clutch control skill. My buddies have it and still sucks in riding.
Yeah, same old song and dance from those that either have never ridden with one and/or can't afford to buy one. :cool: Guess what, I am a $#@& though as you are what you eat! :mrgreen: Seriously, I can ride harder for a longer time so how does that make me a $#@&? When you are too tired and spent I'd still be out riding so who is the real $#@&? :kick:

To the OP, I think both are good so you really can't go wrong either way. I have the Revloc and love it. I can still use my clutch with the Revloc which can be nice in certain situations. All I can say for sure is if you ride stuff like we do here in AZ you will love an auto-clutch.

This pic is where you hate NOT having an auto-clutch! It is Idaho but AZ is the same except the rocks tend to be sharper.

This is near Phoenix.

Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
jeeptech1

Post by jeeptech1 »

That looks amazingly fun! I love technical trails like that!
potosi joe

Post by potosi joe »

That is Redbull kind of riding. That makes you say yes to the auto clutch. Nice pics.
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

Had mine 3 yrs now, 2 full race seasons. Took it all apart last week to inspect. Clutch and plates are fine. Basket needed some attention, but thats normal. And for those who call an auto clutch for pussies, remind them so is a four stroke and electric start!!!!!!!
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200