Pro X pistons

Got questions? We got answers....
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Pro X pistons

Post by argclh6670 »

Hey guys, im rebuilding my 95 h1. Have so for last month, all new bearings n seals thru out. Incl. new lower and topend. Misc. fasteners and such. My kid wants to ride!!

Okay, now to my question. i purchased a Pro x piston kit and upon checking all measurements, rings thikness, endgap and all that jazz. i have found that the top ring groove is out of spec. It is approx. .13mm smaller than the rings at full seat. Both rings check out as with bottom groove too. Im guessing i just have a defective piston on hand.

Has anybody else had an issue such as this. I bought the dang thing from an auction seller as i do alot of my new pARTS. Always doing things on a tight budget. Its now beyond the sellers return period, i have contacted him, no replyu as of yet. Im going to contact Pro x directly too. Has anybody dealt with their customer service?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Pro X pistons

Post by Julien D »

Never seen anything like that personally. I have a low hour pro-x piston around here somewhere I can check. Pro-x is basically a stock piston, so I would think all the measurements should fall within factory spec. What do you mean by "smaller" exactly? The ring will not seat correctly? Too little clearance between the ring thickness and groove width? Where exactly is the .13 measurement taken? Pro-x might be able to help, but being bought via auction, who knows. That's one of the risks we take in the name of a good deal.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Re: Pro X pistons

Post by argclh6670 »

yes, ring groove is to small in reference to ring thickness. .13mm measurement was taken from ring groove. rings measure 1.19 thick, groove measures 1.06 in width at full seat. Ring groove almost seems as if its tapered, ring fits in groove at leading edge then ring gets stuck in groove when it compresses into groove.