KDX 200 Rear Remote Resevoir

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXnoob1

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Hey all, just a few questions, I'm rebuilding the shock for my 1986 KDX 200. I have replaced the head seal and O-rings and am ready to reassemble. However, the remote resevoir is giving me a hard time.
How do I refill this with oil? Does the "ends" of the resevoir come out so I can recharge with oil properly? Or is there some funky trick I'm missing. I know most resevoirs come apart to be rebuilt but am not sure about this one. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks folks!
GKBO
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GKBO »

My Clymer manual has instructions on how to get the reservoir apart.Haven't tackled that job yet on my 86.
kawagumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: KDX 200 Rear Remote Resevoir

Post by kawagumby »

It is setup like any other reservoir. Push the top in to expose the circlip and remove, then pull the ass'y out. with these older bike sometimes it's worth your while to carefully remove any corrosion before you attempt to pull the ass'y out -

When filling with oil use the std procedure, i.e., fill about a little over half way during reassembly then push the bladder in...
1994 KDX200, Beta 200rr, yz125, yz250, kx100 modded for adult, gasgas contact 250.
KDXnoob1

Re: KDX 200 Rear Remote Resevoir

Post by KDXnoob1 »

Alright, I guess I should try to give that a go, just mine looks completely solid, probably what I get for 20+ years of never being apart. FML! Don't even know how to start, I don't wanna destroy it in the process!