JD Jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
K D

JD Jetting

Post by K D »

I searched JD and got nothing, JD Jetting got 107 pages of results and I don't want to go through that many pages.
Has anyone bought one of his kits?
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: JD Jetting

Post by Tedh98 »

I have his needles.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Browse in the jets and needles section here for a bit, you'll find a few people using JD's needles.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

JD Jetting

Post by canyncarvr »

K D wrote:I searched JD and got nothing, JD Jetting got 107 pages of results and I don't want to go through that many pages.
Has anyone bought one of his kits?

I did.

Good needles!!

I made no sense out of his jetting recommendation, but the needle (red) runs great.

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
K D

Post by K D »

Thanks
I followed his instructions and the jetting is way off.
jeffsilver1

JD Jetting

Post by jeffsilver1 »

My results with JD jetting kit for the KDX are poor at best. Follow the instructions in the kit, and the bike won't run well. I imagine I could have moved the clip on the needle and played with it... but, thats why you pay the additional money for a pre tested kit. Right? I have had great luck using JD kits on other bikes and I am surprized, but would advise you not to waste your money on a jd kit for a KDX.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

JD Jetting

Post by rbates9 »

jeffsilver1 wrote:My results with JD jetting kit for the KDX are poor at best. Follow the instructions in the kit, and the bike won't run well. I imagine I could have moved the clip on the needle and played with it... but, thats why you pay the additional money for a pre tested kit. Right? I have had great luck using JD kits on other bikes and I am surprized, but would advise you not to waste your money on a jd kit for a KDX.
Any jetting recommendations are just a guess at best. To get the jetting right it needs to be done by you on your bike where you ride (temperature, elevation, ect.). You could have two of the same bikes with the same mods done to them and still need different jetting.