Help me choose a tyre

Got questions? We got answers....
MotocrossMatt

Help me choose a tyre

Post by MotocrossMatt »

Hello, I got a 2006 kdx200 about a month ago and its time to get a new rear tyre. Im not sure which brand to go for . . . Any suggestions? I need a decent all round tyre as i ride in many different types of terrain. Thanks :mrgreen:
Go buy a 2stroke!
Cha Ching

Help me choose a tyre

Post by Cha Ching »

Bridgestone 404
KDXrider1989

Re: Help me choose a tyre

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I had a similar question also, but Im trying to decide between a Dunlop D952 or a Maxxis Maxxcross IT, or the Desert IT version for the front and back?

I had a rear Bridgestone M40 on my CR125 and it was a very good tire, too bad Bridgestone doesn't make it anymore
zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Help me choose a tyre

Post by zomby woof »

I hear nothing but good about the Motoz tires. Kenda Trakmaster if you're on a budget.
Ontario, Canada
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Help me choose a tyre

Post by SS109 »

MotocrossMatt wrote:Hello, I got a 2006 kdx200 about a month ago and its time to get a new rear tyre. Im not sure which brand to go for . . . Any suggestions? I need a decent all round tyre as i ride in many different types of terrain. Thanks :mrgreen:
I have great luck running a Maxxis SI up front and a Maxxis IT (not the desert version!) in the rear. They last well and have a stiff sidewall that helps prevent pinch flats.
KDXrider1989 wrote:...or a Maxxis Maxxcross IT, or the Desert IT version for the front and back?
Most everyone I know that has run the IT, and especially the Desert IT, on the front has said it sucks. As for the rear, the IT would be better IMO as is flexs more that the Desert version therefore giving more traction. The Desert version is mainly for bigger bikes and for use where there are lots of sharp rocks and such that can puncture or cut a tire. The trade off is less traction.
zomby woof wrote:I hear nothing but good about the Motoz tires.
I also read nothing but great reports on them so I gave them a shot. I'm now one of the few I guess that was not happy at all with them. I had a set of their Enduro IT's. They seemed to work pretty well for a couple of rides and then they became worthless. They lost what little bite they had after two rides, started chunking, and would out of the blue cause me to take a dirt nap. Not to mention I was constantly getting flats with them, both punctures and pinch flats. Maybe I had the wrong type for my terrain but I talked with Kelly at Motoz (the only US dealer at the time) and he said they would work great for my terrain. Anyways, it was such a disappointing experience with them that I don't know if I will ever give them another shot.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
MotocrossMatt

Post by MotocrossMatt »

Thanks for the advice guys. Xtreme Yamaha has the Brigdestone 401 (i think its the 401) on special so ill go for that. But i do like the Maxxis.
Go buy a 2stroke!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Help me choose a tyre

Post by rbates9 »

Trials?
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Help me choose a tyre

Post by kkim »

rbates9 wrote:Trials?
I second that. I have a Pirelli MT43 and really like it over a knobby. I've also have used IRC trials tires with great success.
2017 Husqvarna FE250
MotocrossMatt

Help me choose a tyre

Post by MotocrossMatt »

rbates9 wrote:Trials?
Trails track everywhere except tar.
Go buy a 2stroke!
MotocrossMatt

Post by MotocrossMatt »

MotocrossMatt wrote:Thanks for the advice guys. Xtreme Yamaha has the Brigdestone 401 (i think its the 401) on special so ill go for that. But i do like the Maxxis.
404 sorry
Go buy a 2stroke!