CEL/DEL pt3

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

CEL/DEL pt3

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Managed to get out on the bike today & try out the latest settings...CEL needle 2nd from top clip setting ,35 pilot ,150 main, air screw 1 3/4 out...bike still had the slight burble just off throttle opening yet pulled well through the gears..returned home & raised the needle to its top setting & rode..bike sounded much crisper & the slight burble had almost gone however when riding the bike the bottom end throttle response wasnt that great ,too lean....returned home & installed the 38 pilot jet..bike ran well in the lower throttle openings & through the rev range but the darn burble had returned just off the 1/4 throttle opening..other things i tried was to remove the air box lid & up-jet from 150 to 155...test rode ..bike really took off in the mid range & pulled strong but by going up on the main only caused the bike to run a little bit more burbly down below in the lower throttle openings which isnt what i wanted so i replaced the lid & went back to the 150 main,took the bike for a brief ride & it pulls well with slight smoke to begin with but clears up under a full load...another tweek i found was with the new settings of 38 pilot,150 main,CEL top clip position , was my tick over was a little lumpy so i tweeked the air screw to just past 2 turns out, the bike sounds a little crisper & idled better but i still get a little bit of smoke when you blip the throttle, you can hear the burble sound just when you open the throttle...so my findings are depending on what you use the 220 for , the CEL on a kdx 220 works better & is an improvement over the stock jetting if you want to `wake` the bike up a little( i would imagine the CEL really kicks on the 200 )..the down side is you`re going to have to put up with it being slightly rich & smokey just off the throttle opening which is probably due to the design of this needle , if you spend your time riding fast trails with your ktm buddies near the hi end of your throttle then this wont bother you..on the other hand if your a technical woods rider this may not be the needle for your 220 again due to its design & how it performs..stay tuned as i will be testing out the DEL needle soon & compraring it against the CEL. :supz: