Rekluse Auto Clutch Need Support

Got questions? We got answers....
RockE

Post by RockE »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an 05 KDX 220 r that I want to put a Rekluse EFP auto clutch on. In talking with Rekluse, the more people that ask for it, the more they will consider developing it. Price is much less than the EFM by about $300. To this regard, the more people that call and ask for it, the more likely they will make them. If you call them at 866-735-5873, they will take your name and e-mail address and wait to see how well the list grows.
kashola
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by kashola »

Curious who you spoke with and when. Just called and the rep said there are no plans to manufacture KDX products, period.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Rekluse Auto Clutch Need Support

Post by Julien D »

They've been using this line for years. "If enough people call, yada yada yada". Never happened, and I never expect it to.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Julien D wrote:They've been using this line for years. "If enough people call, yada yada yada". Never happened, and I never expect it to.
Yep. Rekluse likes to just drag us along. They can kiss it.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

The last time I talked with Rekluse I was told that the KDX had an odd diameter clutch which means they would need a odd number of wedges to make it work. I asked why the wedges couldn't be "centered " so to speak and he said it wasn't possible. My reply was " sounds like it's time for some new engineers " I don't think he was happy. The few calls I made before ended with either there is no demand, or it is in engineering now !!!
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

The fact is that not many aftermarket companys are going to spend any R&D money on a bike that is not only out of production but has been for seven years.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

rbates9 wrote:The fact is that not many aftermarket companys are going to spend any R&D money on a bike that is not only out of production but has been for seven years.
Revloc did. A company which was way smaller felt it was worth it so I don't know why a much larger company like Rekluse wouldn't. As we all know, KDX's pretty much live forever. It is one of the most recommended bikes for a first time full size bike to this very day. I personally just think that Rekluse has no respect for the KDX as they obviously don't know what the bike is about or the following it has.
'11 GasGas EC250R
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kkim »

I just got an email from Gerald Davies <sales@revloc.com.au> and he says they are now selling the Revloc Dynaring for $500 AUD delivered to the US, if anyone is interested.

http://www.revloc.com.au/prod42.htm
2017 Husqvarna FE250
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

SS109 wrote:
rbates9 wrote:The fact is that not many aftermarket companys are going to spend any R&D money on a bike that is not only out of production but has been for seven years.
Revloc did. A company which was way smaller felt it was worth it so I don't know why a much larger company like Rekluse wouldn't. As we all know, KDX's pretty much live forever. It is one of the most recommended bikes for a first time full size bike to this very day. I personally just think that Rekluse has no respect for the KDX as they obviously don't know what the bike is about or the following it has.
Not trying to start a fight but where is Revloc now? Maybe they were just trying to keep afloat? Seems like they didn't stay around too long after they mad the dyna ring. Yes I know they still have sales in other countrys. But not here.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

rbates9 wrote:
SS109 wrote:
Not trying to start a fight but where is Revloc now? Maybe they were just trying to keep afloat? Seems like they didn't stay around too long after they mad the dyna ring. Yes I know they still have sales in other countrys. But not here.
Obviously :mrgreen: , you didn't follow the updates I posted in the stickied Revloc thread. They didn't stick around not due to bad finances (ie;going out of biz) but due to the settlement of a lawsuit against Rekluse for infringing on Revloc's patents. Rekluse basically bought them out to settle it and the owner of Revloc came out on the sweet side.
'11 GasGas EC250R
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ecojbr »

I have emailed them twice with no response. Maybe I shall call
04 kx220 hybrid