White fenders

Got questions? We got answers....
ditton

White fenders

Post by ditton »

Hi there.
Just been seaching around on the site and noticed a few older versions of the KDX with white front/rear fenders.
Must say they look good.
So, does anyone know if any other manu of plastics make white fenders for the KDX or has anyone modified another brand of fenders to fit.
Like the look of some of the mx fenders for front and rear but just wondering if any will fit or can be modified.
Thanks in advance......looks like a few chrimmy pressies to myself if all goes well....

Ditton
Thrahl

Re: White fenders

Post by Thrahl »

If by older you mean E series ('89-'94), the '99-'02 KX125/250 rear fender fits with just a little bit of cutting and looks really good.
For front fenders I'm pretty sure they are fairly universal. You can research a specific one you are interested in to make sure it fits but most should be fine.

From what I understand the issue is more about the radiator shrouds which are very hard to come by in white.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

White fenders

Post by SS109 »

I used '06-'08 Yamaha YZ450F fenders front and rear on mine. The front was just a matter of redrilling the mounting holes and it bolts on. The rear took a lot of trimming and modifying. I wouldn't recommend it unless you like doing some fab work to mount the front of it and keep it from hitting the tire. That being said, I would do it again! :mrgreen:
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
ditton

White fenders

Post by ditton »

Hi guys.
Sorry should have mentioned it is an '03 KDX220.
SS109, yours was one of the bikes I was looking at, and really liked. When you say "doing some fab work", was it only to the fender itself or did you have to do work to the bike itself?
Was mainly just looking to do the front and rear fenders.

Thanks
Ditton
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

White fenders

Post by SS109 »

All of the mods were to the new fender and a cut down piece of the original rear fender. Plus, I had to make some extended mounts to mate the new fender to the small piece of factory fender.
'11 GasGas EC250R
ditton

Re: White fenders

Post by ditton »

Hi SS109.
Read your build thread last night...bike looks great....and I do like the looks of the white fenders.
Think I will go with the same YZ450 fenders you used (06-09???). Couldn't see much of the work you had to do to the rear fender other than the seat/fender not lining up but like you, I figure I can put my tool bag there to hide opening. I'm sure I can make it fit, those dremmel tools come in real handy for cutting and stuff. Was it a lot of work or just minor/time consuming?
I do recall someone else posting pictures some time ago using white fenders on their KDX, with green/black body, etc and it looked good to me.....so just gonna get myself a christmas present now that ex-wifey is out of the picture.......
Thanks again guys
Ditton
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

White fenders

Post by SS109 »

More time consuming than anything. Fit, mark, trim, repeat. I'll try to get some pics for you later to show you how I did it. I know I have received a lot of compliments on them.
'11 GasGas EC250R