Handlebars

Got questions? We got answers....
ditton

Handlebars

Post by ditton »

Hi all......after a small putdown :lie: and bending the stock handlebars, I tried to straighten as best I could but still not perfect and find myself drifting/fighting bike to keep a straight line......Thus, time to purchase a new one.
Any thoughts of a good aftermarket one given the styling of the front end of a KDX.
I am approx 5' 10" (on a good day) and mostly stand while riding. KDX I have does have the KX front end just in case these variables (to me) need to be taken into account.
Thanks in advance
Ditton
jeeptech1

Handlebars

Post by jeeptech1 »

ive got a set of pro taper cr bend shorty bars on my 00' kdx with a kx front end. work great!
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Handlebars

Post by Julien D »

On a budget I like the Tusk Chub bar, CR high bend.
B737driver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Handlebars

Post by B737driver »

I second the CR High bend. I'm 5'10" as well and that's all I've rode with for the last 20 yrs.
Live to Fly
Fly to Live
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Handlebars

Post by SS109 »

I'm running the Tusk YZ/WR bend and really liking it. Everyone said they would bend if I crashed yet I have already gone down 6 or 7 times and they haven't yet. Of course, I do run full wraparound metal bark busters with them.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I've had my Tusk 1 1/8th bar for a couple years at least, and it's taken some serious hits. Still as straight as the day I mounted them up.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Handlebars

Post by rbates9 »

Any bar will bend with the right get off. I put on a brand new set of Renthal RC high bend and they felt great in the garage. Fired the bike up and went for a test ride and about five minutes in, going about a 1/4 MPH in a pretty soft section of woods managed to just barley touch a tree with the bark buster and lost balance. Dropped the bike, really more set the bike down and bent the bars. Not too bad but enough to notice. I was not impressed with my self for that one. I have also had the bike get away from me on a hill climb and watched it tumble back to the bottom and not even leave a mark on the bike.

But back to the op question, I would get a set of aluminum bars of a good brand and give them a try. Just because they cost more doesn't always mean they are better. I like Renthal out of habit more then anything.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I had a set of renthals on my KDX and loved 'em, kinda kick myself for putting them on a bike that I ended up selling. but now I have a CR high bend 1-1/8 fat bar on my bike and is pretty good so far, I'm 5' 11"