KDX 250 Carbi Tubing - Where do they go?

Got questions? We got answers....
bender

Post by bender »

Howdy,

I'm almost at the point where I can start kicking my new bike over for the first time in years. I filled up the fuel tank and didn't notice that the carb is missing all the tubing :sad:

Being a total noob at dirt bikes I'll try explain it the best way possible, there are two openings at the top of the carb and one at the bottom that all leak fuel. Where do I plug them into? Below is a pick of my carb with the three tubes. Any help would be appreciated.

http://postimage.org/image/4torkkxe5/
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

They plug into nothing as they are vent tubes. They are routed from the carb and to the back off the engine and then down between the engine and swingarm. Hope that helps.

BTW, if they are all leaking fuel then you probably need to rebuild the carb or, at the very least, free up and/or set the float level.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
bender

Re: KDX 250 Carbi Tubing - Where do they go?

Post by bender »

Roger that, got the carb off today and I'll have it inspected by someone that a little more mechanically minded that myself. Apart from the carbi what else should I need to watch out for engine wise prior to attempting to starting?

On my KDX the fuel and oil is self mixing. Is the oil mixing mechanism prone to screwing up?

Cheers
Mike
bender

Re: KDX 250 Carbi Tubing - Where do they go?

Post by bender »

The pin attached to the floats was stuck in position, had some goop on the outside so it wasn't sliding. I gave the carb a good clean, let it dry and put it back together. I let the fuel run through and hey presto, no more leaks!

Cheers
Mike