H series exhaust system on a e series?

Got questions? We got answers....
flyboy

Post by flyboy »

Hi I am looking at upgrading my exhaust system on my 94 e series kdx 200. The expansion chamber I have is the stock one and has a few dents in it and the muffler tip has broken off which I think is reducing back pressure. I also want to increae the power of the bike. I have found a cheap fmf fatty gold series expansion chamber with muffler off a H series kdx200. But what I want to know is will that exhaust fit on my bike. I am not so worried about mounting points lining up as I can custom mount it but I want to know if it will fit into the exhaust port on the cylinder.
Any help will be appreciated.
Cheers
Aaron
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

I doubt it. The E and H series frames are quite a bit different from each other.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
dfeckel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: H series exhaust system on a e series?

Post by dfeckel »

The exhaust ports are the same diameter, if that's what you're asking. The problem with fitment will be the expansion chamber trying to occupy the same space as your KIPS machinery. It's the problem I ran into with using an E motor in my hybrid. I had to put a massive dent in the pipe to clear the KIPS parts. The next problem will be getting the stinger to pass under the shock resevoir. The stocker goes over, and the H pipe wants to put it under. I would just try to find a nice FMF or PC pipe made for the E series. You'll get the same performance increase but with far fewer fitment headaches.

Of course, if you end up gettting an H pipe onto an E, we want to see pictures!
David Eckel
flyboy

Re: H series exhaust system on a e series?

Post by flyboy »

Thanks for the advice ''dfeckle'' it was such a good price that I did end up buying it. I'm going to try and fit it to my bike next week and If I do get it to work I will be sure to add some photos of it.