Where to buy KDX200 case saver?

Got questions? We got answers....
cosler

Post by cosler »

Hey Gents,
I am having a hell of a time finding a case saver for the counter shaft sprocket for my '05 200. I will purchase the OEM one if needed (can't find it in stock anywhere...), but want to go to the aftermarket for this part. Anyone have any ideas? Or have a spare one laying around that I can purchase?

It seems I must not have snugged up the case saver bolts when I replaced the chain and sprockets, as the saver went missing during my last ride.

Thanks
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

quality machine out of ridgefield wa makes em and he's a member on this site goe's by the name "the machinist"
Did I say riding?
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I got one from Matt. It's machined from billet aluminum, black anodized, and the quality is awsome. If you only need to replace the outer plastic part, Matt's price was about 3x that of OEM.
cosler

Re: Where to buy KDX200 case saver?

Post by cosler »

Right on, I knew I was in the right place. I will try to get in touch with the Machinist. I am only looking for the inner portion, not the plastic piece.

Thanks, guys.

Chris

BTW, kdxtreme, nice to see a fellow KDX rider so close. I just picked mine up a week and a half ago. Went out to Belfair last weekend and had a blast. I am always looking for riding buds and new places to ride...hit me up if you are ever interested.
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

BTW, kdxtreme, nice to see a fellow KDX rider so close. I just picked mine up a week and a half ago. Went out to Belfair last weekend and had a blast. I am always looking for riding buds and new places to ride...hit me up if you are ever interested.[/quote]
Belfair is a fun place on the kdx we'll have to hook up some time I ride at walker quite a bit. Did you buy your bike off of craigslist there has been a few on there.
Did I say riding?
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

The OEM inner case saver part is welded steel while the one from Matt the machinist is black anodized billet aluminum. Since this is not visible, I would just go with the OEM part.
cosler

Post by cosler »

kdxtreme wrote:BTW, kdxtreme, nice to see a fellow KDX rider so close. I just picked mine up a week and a half ago. Went out to Belfair last weekend and had a blast. I am always looking for riding buds and new places to ride...hit me up if you are ever interested.
Belfair is a fun place on the kdx we'll have to hook up some time I ride at walker quite a bit. Did you buy your bike off of craigslist there has been a few on there.[/quote]

Yeah I found an apparently barely used '05. I don't want to tell you guys what I stole it for :supz: Anyways, I am planning on going out to Belfair Thanksgiving weekend on Saturday with a friend. You are welcome to join us.
cosler

Post by cosler »

pumpguy wrote:The OEM inner case saver part is welded steel while the one from Matt the machinist is black anodized billet aluminum. Since this is not visible, I would just go with the OEM part.
Well I never had the outer plastic (sprocket guard A on the parts fiche) but only the inner steel case guard. I only want to replace the inner guard, and I ended up finding one in Michigan. I would love to replace the two piece setup with a solid, thick billet one. In a perfect world...

Thanks for the insight.

Chris
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

Yeah I found an apparently barely used '05. I don't want to tell you guys what I stole it for :supz: Anyways, I am planning on going out to Belfair Thanksgiving weekend on Saturday with a friend. You are welcome to join us.[/quote]
Must of been the one for 1200 right that was a sweet deal. :lol:
Did I say riding?
cosler

Post by cosler »

kdxtreme wrote:Yeah I found an apparently barely used '05. I don't want to tell you guys what I stole it for :supz: Anyways, I am planning on going out to Belfair Thanksgiving weekend on Saturday with a friend. You are welcome to join us.
Must of been the one for 1200 right that was a sweet deal. :lol:[/quote]

Yeah that is the one, from Marysville. The bike has little overall time, as evidenced by its condition. It needed chain and sprockets, new air filter, new rear tire, and was missing a rear spoke and nipple (nipple chewed up the rear tire steel braids and ruined the rear tire). It was evidently owned by an older gent before the owner that I purchased it from got it. BTW, I was able to talk the guy down to just over $1000 for it. A screaming deal...

I tore it down a bit to grease up the linkage and steering, and put some TLC in removing the shitty decals and numbers that were on it. I cleaned the carb and had to straighten the exhaust a bit. I also spent some time epoxying the air box as it had a small crack along the plastic weld on the right side. The bike is extremely happy now and I will be sure to post some pics after I get it back together. I am waiting on a stock spoke so that I can put the new Maxxcross tire on it--Rocky Mountain MC sent me the wrong sized spoke and all the local Kawi dealers do not stock anything. I had to go to ebay for a stock replacement, should be here before Thanksgiving, though. I am very pleased with my purchase, and appreciate this community of riders. Thanks.