Rear fender substitute

Got questions? We got answers....
devinz

Rear fender substitute

Post by devinz »

Bought a 1993 kdx 200 about a month or so ago and have been loving it. PO put moose bars,fmf fatty, and fmf turbine spark arrestor on. Some one also at one point and time removed the front light(as well as odometer) and replaced it with a regular number plate. They also tried to do some "custom" rear fender work. It seems like two different fenders cut in half and they drilled holes in both halves to put a wire through to connect them. Its just not as strong as I would like as it is constantly moving with every bump. Is there any other fenders that will fit it besides the stock one? I like the way it looks now but i want it to be done the correct way.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Rear fender substitute

Post by Julien D »

KX500 rear fender is a pretty easy fit.

Welcome to KDXRider!
Thrahl

Post by Thrahl »

The 1999-2002 KX125/250 rear fender fits very well with a little bit of cutting.
Here is a pic of it on my bike.

You have to cut the "fins" off the top and then just trim around the edges until it clears the frame and pipe.
devinz

Post by devinz »

Thanks for the replies guys, that helps out a lot. Did you cut the exhaust tip off? I have the same one and it looks better cut short like that
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

i want to say ive seen a E model with an H model rear fender on it
dont know how much work it was but it looked real good, the frame bars that usually go on the outside on the E were not visible
i imagine they were now on the inside BUT im not sure
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Thrahl

Post by Thrahl »

devinz wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, that helps out a lot. Did you cut the exhaust tip off? I have the same one and it looks better cut short like that
On my silencer? It was like this when I bought it and doesn't look like it was modified at all.
devinz

Post by devinz »

Thrahl wrote:
devinz wrote:Thanks for the replies guys, that helps out a lot. Did you cut the exhaust tip off? I have the same one and it looks better cut short like that
On my silencer? It was like this when I bought it and doesn't look like it was modified at all.
Yea I meant the silencer. Do yall like gripper seat covers?
Thrahl

Post by Thrahl »

devinz wrote:
Thrahl wrote:
Yea I meant the silencer. Do yall like gripper seat covers?
Everyone here seems to love them. I just bought it because it was the cheapest cover I could get. :mrgreen:
I have had no issues with it. I like that my butt stays where I put it until I want to move it. :lol:
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I don't really like the way the KX fender doesn't match up to the airbox at all. It looks good from the side though!