1990 kx forks

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

1990 kx forks

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

i have the chance to by a set of USD forks off a 1990 kx 125 (gold not blue) i know i will need the top/bottom clamps but will i need the wheel spindle & front wheel or can keep my kdx wheel & modify the spindle to fit etc thanks
marrk_us
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: 1990 kx forks

Post by marrk_us »

I had 90 kx forks on my kdx220 and once revalved / resprung they worked much better then reworked stock units, and are barely longer than the stock ones. There's just enough room to slide the forks up a little in the clamps to not change your ride height. With the kx triple clamps it's a direct bolt on(same stem bearings on both bikes and stem length), even the steering stops line up perfectly. I used the kx front wheel assy on mine. The bikes take different wheel bearings due to the kx having a beefier front axle, so my guess is easiest route is to get the kx wheel and front brake assy also.
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

1990 kx forks

Post by dude541 »

you wll also need the kx caliper for that year,but as mentioned the yokes of that year bike should bolt straight in.
best regards
john

ps: i did get your pm,but couldnt reply to you! if you want to contact, dude542@blueyonder.co.uk