KDX weight real

Got questions? We got answers....
terminatr

KDX weight real

Post by terminatr »

What is the real dry weight of the KDX?

Bikez.com says KDX 200 is about 220 pounds, almost the same as an XR 200.

I have both of these bikes, and the KDX feels 50 pounds heavier. When I position the bikes on the trailer, I use my muscle to life the rear wheel up and swing the back of the bike to the side. I can do that maneuver easily on my XR200. But I can't on the KDX. I have to bounce on the suspension and use the rebound to life it. Just curious the real weight is.
2001 KDX220
chkdx
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: KDX weight real

Post by chkdx »

Well, I can tell you what the real wet weight is. I very carefully weighed my '99 220 with a full tank of gas, ready to start a ride: dead on 250 pounds. Assuming it holds 11 liters of gas per the FSM, that's 2.9 gallons x 6.5 lbs per gallon = 19 lbs of gas.

250 - 19 = 231 lbs ready to ride with no gas. My bike is stock except for a PC 2 pipe, and this was with the stock silencer in place. No skid plate, no pipe guard. It's heavier than I thought it'd be.
terminatr

KDX weight real

Post by terminatr »

Thanks for info. I guess the KDX is so much taller than the XR. The height makes it few very heavy.
2001 KDX220
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

KDX weight real

Post by SS109 »

My '90 E-series came in at 238 with 1 gallon of fuel in the tank and ready to ride.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

KDX weight real

Post by rbates9 »

tommyd
Supporting Member

KDX weight real

Post by tommyd »

My 95 weighed 249 with close to a full stock tank(guesstimating with my larger than stock Clarke tank).
No hand guards, no toolkit. Aluminum skid, frame guards near pegs, IMS pegs. FMF fatty with stock silencer.
Aftermarket rear fender with no tail light. Seal savers instead of sexy purple fork boots.
Regular old air in tires without a moisture trap on compressor , but not much moisture here.
Rear tire was pretty worn out with riding buddies spare front tube installed and forgotten about... until I re-replaced it later.
Front tire had average wear.
No mud on bike due to lack of moisture mentioned previously.