Jetting with ethanol free gas

Got questions? We got answers....
xrdan

Post by xrdan »

I got an '03 kdx 200 for my son and with a 150 main and a 42 pilot it was jetted pretty well on e10 gas with Yamalube 2r at 32:1. I found ethanol free gas fairly close by and I wanted to start running that in the bikes. We were out of the 2r so I got a gallon of Amsoil Interceptor and mixed it at 40:1. To make a long story short the jetting in now way out of whack. I figured both of these changes richened it up but it's a big difference. Am I missing something or do I just need to get some more jets and lean it out some more?

Thanks

Dan
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

zomby woof
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by zomby woof »

If you're jetted right in the first place, 10% ethanol is not enough to make a difference.
Ontario, Canada
kdx633
Supporting Member

Re: Jetting with ethanol free gas

Post by kdx633 »

ethanol free fuel makes a huge difference in jetting,drop at least one size on the main,a good portion of the spooge problem is related directly to ethanol.Under compression the alcohol and water separate thus the "octane effect "and in the two stroke engine combustion temps are not high enough to fully evaporate the water into vapor as it does in a four stroke engine.To substantiate the argument in an auto the catalytic conv. operates at several hundred degree's that is where the final burn off takes place once the cat.con reaches temp.Ever notice the water exiting the exhaust on a cold car?
xrdan

Post by xrdan »

Thanks for the replies- he's got it running pretty good now by dropping the needle all the way, not sure of the main size now. he's going to get a CEL needle for it and go from there.

For those who run ethanol free- when jetted right how does it run vs one running e10?

thanks

Dan
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Jetting with ethanol free gas

Post by fuzzy »

5% more jet AREA with E10...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project