barkbusters for fatbars?

Got questions? We got answers....
Dman93

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by Dman93 »

Hey folks. I put a set of fatbars on my 93 and now I'm looking for a set of barkbusters for it. Can anyone recommend a good set that will fit 1 1/8 bars?
http://www.unhingedatv.com
Unhinged ATV
Online ATV, UTV and Motorcycle Parts store

93 KDX200
Race-Tech suspension
Uni Filter
FMF Pipe
Boysen reeds
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by CoronasAndChips »

I'm sure most companies make them but my vote is for Moose Racing.
1. Made in U.S.A. :boogie:
2. You can buy Local and and that dollar gets about 6 more turns on it locally. :boogie:
3. I have them on my regular bars and they have saved my hands numerous time and I have dumped my bike so many times I have lost count :doh: and never broke a lever or injured my hands. :boogie:
4.They come in both Reg aluminum and black
Just MY vote
Elbow grease contains no trans fat!
CoronasAndChips on XBox Live
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly
Cha Ching

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by Cha Ching »

Cycra Pro Bend :pop:
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

i would look for something with a aluminum base and a plastic shroud
(not a whole lot of help i know but something to consider)

i have regular bark busters on my project bike and cheapo ebay ones on my DD
the ebay ones have the plastic shrouds and i really like that when going through deeper brush, specially when i go a for a quick spin through neighbourhood yards without wearing gloves

come to think of it, if you have a set of bark busters, hand guards or whatever you should be able to just get the hardware for them
(not that its that much cheaper but here is a set http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dirt-Bike-ATV-H ... es&vxp=mtr )
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by kdxtreme »

cycra pro bend +1
Did I say riding?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The Cyca's are nice. Since I cut my bars so drastically, about the only thing that fits well is Moose guards for 1 1/8 mini bars. Super cheap on Ebay, and the hold up while. You can buy the full size plastic deflectors to fit them as well.
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

I was curious about aluminum bars and Mini at that. What are they? I tend to still dump my bike a lot and was wondering how well they hold up vs. steel. Not worried about weight savings... yet.
BFBC2, BF3, COD 2,3,4, Black Ops, Red Dead Redemption, Tiger Woods 08' and 09' and Forza 2..... mostly
Dman93

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by Dman93 »

Thanks for all the replies folks. I'm going to look at moose and Cycra and go from there. I'll let you guys know which ones I decide on.
http://www.unhingedatv.com
Unhinged ATV
Online ATV, UTV and Motorcycle Parts store

93 KDX200
Race-Tech suspension
Uni Filter
FMF Pipe
Boysen reeds
Cha Ching

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by Cha Ching »

I also cut my bars when i purchased them. I got Pro Tapers, which have marks for cutting on each end. I think i took 1/2" off both sides. I had to get some spacers (easy to make) to make them fit correctly.

The Cycra's are tough! I have "scrubbed" numerous trees since installing them, and nothing close to a crack yet in the plastic shroud. I think they look good too...I found these at half price, so i couldnt pass em up!

Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

CoronasAndChips wrote:I was curious about aluminum bars and Mini at that. What are they? I tend to still dump my bike a lot and was wondering how well they hold up vs. steel. Not worried about weight savings... yet.
They hold up as well as any others. The thickness is the same as the full size version, they're just shorter on the inside to allow more room for the controls to mount up. I've never actually seen steel ones, I'm sure they would be stronger, but I've not yet been able to bend an aluminum set in a get-off, so I'm not sure it's needed.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by rbates9 »

I think a good set of aluminum bars will hold up better then any steel bars will. Probably because the steel bars tend to be cheap OEM type stuff and most aluminum bars are made by reputable bar makers. And with the increased wall thickness of aluminum bars I doubt there would be much if any weight savings. If any one has a set of steel and aluminum bars they could weigh I would be interested if there is any weight savings at all.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

oh, lol. Yeah we were talking about steel bars, not steel handguards. Yeah, I trashed too many sets of 7/8th steel bars to ever want to spend money on another. 1 1/8th aluminum all the way!
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Julien D wrote:oh, lol. Yeah we were talking about steel bars, not steel handguards. Yeah, I trashed too many sets of 7/8th steel bars to ever want to spend money on another. 1 1/8th aluminum all the way!
I'm not trying to start a war, just have never had fat bars. But of the people that have fat bars do you think they hold up better than 7/8 aluminum. I mean brand for brand like protaper to protaper or renthal to renthal. I don't want to get into the brand debate, just the size of the bars. I have bent 7/8 renthal bars but that tends to take a pretty good get off to make that happen.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I'd say just about any bar is going to bend if they hit just right and there's enough force from whichever direction the bikes trying to go while it's resting on the bars. High quality 7/8th bars are probably as good as some or even most fat bars. I would guess that when comparing a top end renthal 7/8 bar to a top end renthal 1 1/8, the fat bar would win, but maybe not by a huge margin? Someone should actually do a test on this, that would be interesting.....
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

barkbusters for fatbars?

Post by osobad »

had moose, msr,anf cyca's, and now fastway and they are my favorite by far
CoronasAndChips
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Thanks for all the replies! Looks like new bars are on the winter list.