Bogging in a creek, overflows?

Got questions? We got answers....
swingset

Post by swingset »

I was riding a local state forest yesterday, and went through a long section of a creek that was about 12-14" deep. Definitely not deep enough to get in the airbox, but it was above the skid plate.

I was on the pipe in 1st gear, but about halfway through the bike just bogged way out on me, and it had been running perfect all day.

Once I got out of the creek, I wicked it up into 2nd and 3rd and it cleared up and seemed fine all the way back to the trailhead. Plug looked fine, no issues there.

Was it the overflow tubes causing an over-rich condition by being submerged like that? This is the first time I've had it in that deep of a water so I'm just wondering as my 4-strokes have never done this.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

might be because of the carb vent that were either not venting properly or maybe it sucked a little water?
If you did the latter, I think you'd know it and could see it in the carb.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

over here in the UK the weather is nearly always wet wet wet, out trails are pretty much flooded all the time. on my 220 i run the carb breather vent pipes up & into the airbox lid, since doing this my kdx has never bogged down & ive ran the bike in well over 2ft of water on numerous times :grin:
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Post by Slick_Nick »

It's just the carb breathers becoming blocked. Happens after about 6-10 seconds usually.
'00 KDX 220R
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

Put T's in the vent tubes and run up into airbox.
Did I say riding?