Newbie Question - Decals?

Got questions? We got answers....
chippy

Post by chippy »

Hello to all -
New to the KDX, but not Dirt Biking. I've been riding just shy of 40 yrs. now ! (scary to think about it!)
I recently aquired a "new to me" 2006 KDX 200. Low hours, VERY lightly used. The only real damage is cosmetic, the rad. shroud decals are scratched up. The O.E.'s are quite expensive! Any alternatives out there that may fit? A service manual, or at least the owner's manual would be nice as well. Thoughts?

Love the bike, it's been awhile since I owned a 2-smoke. I currently ride a Honda CRF250x. These trail bikes work well for the type of riding we do. Lot's of mountain single track with the occasional connecting Forest Service road.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

check out ebay for decals as they come up from time to time, as for plastics `UFO` or `ACERBIS` make quality replacement kits for the kdx at a reasonable price :grin:
chippy

Re: Newbie Question - Decals?

Post by chippy »

The plastic is all good, I just need to replace the decals. At over $50 each, I was looking for a more reasonable alternative. The last tank graphics I got for my XR were less than $50 at high retail. I believe they were Factory FX ?? I was wondering if maybe some aftermarket KX or KXF decals would fit? I am ok with a little trimming to make them fit for half price.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

chippy

Post by chippy »

Thank you.