Rear hub

Got questions? We got answers....
valleyguy

Rear hub

Post by valleyguy »

I'm in need of a rear hub for a 90 kdx 200 can't seem to find one anywhere, there's one on ebay but he wants 300 for it. Anyone know where I can get one? new or used. I have two now but the one on the bike is bad on one side and the other is bad on the oppsite side lol.
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Rear hub

Post by SS109 »

The KDX hub interchanges with quite a few other bikes. Here is a list of some of them: http://www.ronayers.com/WhereUsed/N/993 ... 41034-1205
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
valleyguy

Re: Rear hub

Post by valleyguy »

Thats awsome, thanks for the info. So pretty much any early to mid 90's kx 125 and bigger will work as well as kdx's that should help out alot. Kinda hoping I can get a rim and everything so I don't have to relace the hub. I was talking to my kawai dealer and he said he could get one for 352.00 all ready packed with bearings and seals but I had to relace my rim. I noticed that the axle had the same number on the kx's except for an a at the end but had no adjuster on it, or at least a different kind of adjuster. Are they different or can I use my axle and bearings in the kx hub?
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Rear hub

Post by SS109 »

The hub itself is the very same part as evidenced by the interchange page I linked you to. Just use all your KDX parts on it and you will be good.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
valleyguy

Re: Rear hub

Post by valleyguy »

I figured, I was just curious if I found a complete rim and tire I could just bolt it up or if I would have to swap some things over. Unfourtunetly the kdx is not well know around here so kx parts would be a little easier to get (kawai dealer said they have only worked on one kdx in the ten years they have been there lol) again thanks for the info I'll keep my eye's open for a junked bike on kijiji (canada's version of craigslist)
the machinist
Supporting Member

Rear hub

Post by the machinist »

SS109 wrote:The KDX hub interchanges with quite a few other bikes. Here is a list of some of them: http://www.ronayers.com/WhereUsed/N/993 ... 41034-1205
If this isn't a sticky it should be! :supz: