steel bore chrome bore

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXMAC

steel bore chrome bore

Post by KDXMAC »

I reciently had the top end off my 98 200 only to find the chrome around the intake badly worn (prev own) so I had it re sleeved not rechromed. Now iv been told the the bike will now run hotter so i will have to run leaner jetting.....how much richer is the question. The bike is stoke apart from power reeds and airbox mod, Perth is at sea level and the carb is still stock jeting 162 main 50 pilot any ideas. She never used to foul plugs.
You only live once so make the most of it.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Thats not stock jetting on a 98. 98 200's have 160 main, 48 pilot combo. Does it foul plugs with the 162 main ??

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

your post makes no sense what so ever
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F
KDXer
Supporting Member

Re: steel bore chrome bore

Post by KDXer »

I was running 155 main with 45 pilot at sea level on a stock motor and it was still rich. I would get some smaller jets both main and pilots because thats a very rich jet set, sleeve or no sleeve.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
dave04kdx
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by dave04kdx »

I had the cylinder on my 86 sleeved in the early 90's. The sleeve did make the bike run hotter at contionous high rpm operation. The sleeve really didn't effect me all that much because I ride in tight terrain, not wide open all the time. The heat transfer on the cast iron isn't as good as the plated aluminum cylinder.

The cast sleeve can usually be bored, if it is big enough to allow the boring operation. I did notice the cast sleeve didn't last as long as the plated cylinder.
At age 4 success is . . not peeing in your pants.
At age 12 success is . . having friends.
At age 16 success is having a drivers license.
At age 35 success is having money.
At age 50 success is . . having money.
At age 70 success is . . . having a drivers license.
At age 75 success is . having friends.
At age 80 success is . not peeing in your pants.