I broke KIPS

Got questions? We got answers....
tirebiter

I broke KIPS

Post by tirebiter »

terminatr wrote:I called the local Kaw dealer. Guy said have it here by the end of the week. But the catch is
that it's $10 plus tax. What the heck! MSRP is only 8.26. Internet is selling them for $6. I buy
stuff from dealer seldom. But everytime I do, they price gauge me over MSRP.

So do walk-in customers get screwed or something? Do mechanics get special pricing or what?
As much as I prefer to support the local economy, sometimes I wish the internet competition crushes them to death.
Welcome to the real world.
Quit your bitchin' about parts prices being less or more than 2 bucks from different suppliers.
Stick to skateboards & dumb blonde's, cry baby.. :butthead:
I'm sorry, but does anyone on this site actually TRY and fix their own problems before they post??
Doubt it..
Friggn' morons.... :lol:
Last edited by tirebiter on 08:14 pm Jul 31 2012, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
amstel78
Supporting Member

Re: I broke KIPS

Post by amstel78 »

Got it. Thanks Julien; that's reassuring to know.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

tirebiter wrote:
terminatr wrote:I called the local Kaw dealer. Guy said have it here by the end of the week. But the catch is
that it's $10 plus tax. What the heck! MSRP is only 8.26. Internet is selling them for $6. I buy
stuff from dealer seldom. But everytime I do, they price gauge me over MSRP.

So do walk-in customers get screwed or something? Do mechanics get special pricing or what?
As much as I prefer to support the local economy, sometimes I wish the internet competition crushes them to death.
Welcome to the real world.
Quit your bitchin' about parts prices being less or more than 2 bucks from different suppliers.
Stick to skateboards & dumb blonde's, cry baby.. :butthead:
I'm sorry, but does anyone on this site actually TRY and fix their own problems before they post??
Doubt it..
Friggn' morons.... :lol:

There are plenty of sites where ranting and railing on someone is acceptable, and even preferred over any type of intelligent response. This ain't one of 'em.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

That part is well worth the $8 or $10 or even $15. I doubt you'll be able to MAKE a replacement in your basement for less.

I like my local parts shop. I also went out of my way to establish a relationship with them. When I go in there with an odd part I need I like to have the broken one in my hand and we try to work out a solution. When I go back to pick up that part, again with the broken one in my hand, there is someone across the counter who has a stake in it.

There are plenty of sites where ranting and railing on someone is acceptable, and even preferred over any type of intelligent response. This ain't one of 'em.
I agree. Is it possible that tirebiter and terminator are buddies out in the real world and that tirebiters comments were good natured ribbing? Can't tell from here.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
terminatr

I broke KIPS

Post by terminatr »

tirebiter <<--- cyberjerk
2001 KDX220