Ideal cylinder compression?

Got questions? We got answers....
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Ideal cylinder compression?

Post by SS109 »

Actually, it sees regular duty at ACTS matches. I use the damn thing more than my wife!
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
amstel78
Supporting Member

Re: Ideal cylinder compression?

Post by amstel78 »

SS109 wrote: That is another reason I was thinking of switching back. The M193 just has better threat stopping ability compared to the M855 which is not doing very well in A-stan and Iraq stopping threats quickly.

The rifle has a 16" pencil barrel, chrome lined, and a 1/9" twist. I built it for the wife to be as light weight as possible. Built it on a Sun Devil billet lower and a J&T upper kit with chromed bolt and carrier. Otherwise it is really just a basic AR. Put a Tac-Latch on it, M4 butt stock, CAR hand guards, A2 grip, P-mags, A1 birdcage FH, and a fakepoint.
That's a nice looking rig! How do you like the fakepoint? As for the 1/9 barrel, you're better off using the 55gr bullets although 1/9 should stabilize 62gr fairly well.

Here's a pic of the rifles I use the most:
From left to right, top to bottom: M1A in a Sage EBR stock; Armalite SASS; Savage 10PC; a WASR-10 that I did a lot of work too; Bushmaster ACR with EOTech 553; BCM M4 on Rainier lower; Olympic M4.

The M4 with a BCM 14.5" upper on a Rainier lower is my favorite rifle in 5.56. I take that thing everywhere. Reminds me a bit of what I was issued in the service except I take care of this one much better. I used to have an ACOG TA33-ECOS mounted but sold it. Couldn't stomach the idea of spending $1700 on a single optic. Right now it's configured with an EOTech 553 in flat dark earth, a Hogue grip, VLTOR stock, Midwest Industries drop-in handguards, BCM BCG, 14.5" medium contour hammer forged 1/7 chrome-lined barrel and AAC Blackout pinned on, and Armalite match trigger.

I need a bigger safe... :supz:

Are we gonna get in trouble for really going OT now?? :boogie:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Ideal cylinder compression?

Post by rbates9 »

amstel78 wrote: Are we gonna get in trouble for really going OT now?? :boogie:
Not at all, the last page and a half of post is directly related to compression specs and expected engine life. :whistle: