Left Lean leak.

Got questions? We got answers....
Edward Anstett
Supporting Member

Left Lean leak.

Post by Edward Anstett »

Love my RB modded carb.Still getting measurable spooge, so I decided to try smaller jets Mr. Black supplied. The bike is an absolute animal on the bottom now. However, since I installed the different jets[Pilot35/Main150], the overflow on the bottom of the carb is spewing gas when leaning past the kicks stands angle. No leakage when leaning in the opposite direction[to the right].Does any one have any ideas/thoughts?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Left Lean leak.

Post by Julien D »

Float needle is sticking or float adjustment is too high.
Edward Anstett
Supporting Member

Post by Edward Anstett »

Float level remains same as set by Mr.Black. The only difference is that I put in smaller main jet in. Could needle be sticking in smaller main 150 jet, as oppossed to 155? I am going to shoot carb cleaner throught all orifaces
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Float needle has nothing at all to do with the pilot and main. If its leaking when you lean it, and the float isn't stuck ( try tapping the bowl to un-stick) then you will need to adjust the float height and/or replace the float needle.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Left Lean leak.

Post by rbates9 »

If it only leaks when leaned past the kick stand angle than it sounds like it is just fine. Does it leak when it is running?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Ah, yeah. I missed the pass the kickstand leaking, and somehow read when it's on the kickstand. The overflow WILL leak when leaning the bike over. Normal behavior. The carb has vents and an overflow tube. It's not a sealed system like FI.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Left Lean leak.

Post by Slick_Nick »

On another note, seems like a big gap from pilot size to main size. Unless you're running a really lean needle?
'00 KDX 220R