91 fork leak

Got questions? We got answers....
dnovack

91 fork leak

Post by dnovack »

the other day went out to get something in the garage and seen an oil puddle on the floor. looked and it was atf fluid coming from my forks. it looks like it is leaking out the bottom of the tube. i dont think its from the drain screws i did put alittle blue loctite on and they are tight. is there any where else it could leak? i didnt have the time to see if the bottom of the tube is cracked. just wondering if anyone else ran into this issue?
91-kdx200
2001-gsxr750 (bored and stroked)
2001-jeep wj
LTOWNKDXER

91 fork leak

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

I RAN INTO THAT BEFORE. COME TO FIND OUT IT WAS LEAKING FROM THE FORK SEAL AT THE TOP AND RUNNING DOWN. THE INSIDE OF THE FORK BOOT THEN DOWN THE LEG AND DRIPPING OFF THE DRAIN SCREW. GOOD LUCK WITH IT WHAT EVER YOU FIND.
REMEMBER IF YOU AREN'T SCARED, THEN YOU AREN' T RIDING FAST ENOUGH!!! BY THE WAY ,THEY PELTED US WITH ROCKS AND GARBAGE!!!
LTOWNKDXER

91 fork leak

Post by LTOWNKDXER »

Sorry about the caps.
REMEMBER IF YOU AREN'T SCARED, THEN YOU AREN' T RIDING FAST ENOUGH!!! BY THE WAY ,THEY PELTED US WITH ROCKS AND GARBAGE!!!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

91 fork leak

Post by KDXGarage »

Check to see if it is leaking from the seal area. Loosen the fork boot and pull it up. If it is dry and the fork leg is dry, then you may not have the compression damper assembly tightened to the correct torque. Since you mention putting ATF in the forks, I assume you worked on them at some point. Maybe you took them apart for seals, too.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
dnovack

91 fork leak

Post by dnovack »

I only changed the fluid in them i didnt take the forks apart. The top of the seals dont look wet at all.
91-kdx200
2001-gsxr750 (bored and stroked)
2001-jeep wj