kdx250sr jetting

Got questions? We got answers....
andytom1969

kdx250sr jetting

Post by andytom1969 »

hi all.ive just fitted a fmf fatty pipe on my 250sr.does anyone know if the recommended jetting from fmf will be the same fore the sr version of kdx as the pipe is for the non sr version and i had to make a flange to fit the pipe.thanks,Andy
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

kdx250sr jetting

Post by scheckaet »

there's only one way to jet your bike properly and only you can do the work :wink:
http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 105&t=1156
andytom1969

kdx250sr jetting

Post by andytom1969 »

thanks for that but i was just looking for some sort of benchmark to start from
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

kdx250sr jetting

Post by rbates9 »

andytom1969 wrote:thanks for that but i was just looking for some sort of benchmark to start from
You have a bench mark to start from, Whatever is in it now. The best thing to do is spend the time to read and follow http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0709#30709 This I know is not what you are looking for for an answer but it IS the best answer you can get.

The majority of the people on here are from the US and I would dare say have never even seen an SR model let alone a 250 SR. Also any recommendations that could be given would be a guess at best.

Again the majority of the people on here have a KDX 200 and still the jetting for each bike varies a lot. Elevation, temperature, humidity, riding style, up grades, and so on can change the jetting for any given bike. Even two identical bikes at the same spot on the same day could need different jetting.

Any advise that is given on jetting is at best a guess and NEEDS to be verified to insure longevity of the engine.